Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-29-2004, 5:47 AM Reply   
I was looking at the wake west pictures and it looked like the hyperlite guys were still riding with the 2004 bindings? Why is this?
Old    tammygirl            09-29-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
I'm sure it's not because '05's "suck". Nice conclusion drawn there - maybe we need some more information!
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-29-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
It probably has to do with their contracts with HL and their do not want the pros riding their new lines yet.
Old    stereor102            09-29-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
parks is riding his new board and bindings
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-29-2004, 1:21 PM Reply   
what? sharpe and parks are wearing 05s...

perhaps you see the J-star guys wearing 04 parks bindings? im talking about santori and weatherall.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-29-2004, 1:46 PM Reply   
Leo - You've got to be kidding me? Tell me your not serious. Do you think the riders and the design team would go through all the time and effort, if they didn't think they were making their product better than the previous year? Maybe the new stuff wasn't ready when they did those shots, or better yet maybe the new binding weren't broken in yet, so they chose to ride the old ones that day. Either way you shouldn't jump to conclusions so quick, demo them then tell us if they suck or not.

(Message edited by wakestar8878 on September 29, 2004)
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-29-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
Hyperlite bindings suck period.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-29-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
i guess its a bias post since I bought hyperlite bindings and had a bad experience with them. I should have looked closer at the pics.
Old    edward            09-29-2004, 5:44 PM Reply   
i think shawns got it. the shots could've taken awhile before they went to print or maybe they just wanted broken in bindings so they could get the trick alittle better. i personally hate the look of the 05 parks i think that the grey material looks like the same stuff on something at a costume store, has anybody seen those costumes? they're for a knight or something? and have they really changed anythign from last year except the look on the parks? doesnt' look like it.
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-29-2004, 7:00 PM Reply   
the new material is far better than anything they have used before. At expo eddie beverly took the option two strap for the 3ds and pulled on it as hard as he could and streatched it out and it went right back to the way it was with no stress marks. Everything has been retool and are supposed to be way better.
Leo did you watch the xgames? Everyone had their 2005 bindings on then
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-30-2004, 4:28 AM Reply   
Scott: Why do Hyperlite bindings suck?? The Parks are by far the best bindings out there and your just another common hater.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-30-2004, 9:41 AM Reply   
They suck because I have ridden all of their gimmick bindings. boa's, buckles, laces, straps. All unnecessary. I'm not a hater, I ride a 04 HL Premier. I personally think their bindings are crap. My friend broke a pair of $350 Temet's the first time he rode them. I personally prefer a straight wrap binding which HL doesn't even make. The LF ultras are far superior to any HL binding I have ridden.
Old    leftcoastpunk            09-30-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
"Why do Hyperlite bindings suck?? The Parks are by far the best bindings out there and your just another common hater."
Hyperlite bindings suck because they are very heavy, i used to think thier high backs where great bindings, I now have Transits, which are so much better. Parks bindings suck, they have no ankle support. As for being a Hyperlite hater, I just find it annoying to see a bunch of posers who cant even cross the wake on an X-30 loaded up with the latest hyperlite gimmicks and hyperlite stickers platered all over thier truck.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-30-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
Ya, I heard that HL intentionally made crappy bindings this year to lower their sales and reputation. The "personality" line of bindings is being changed to the "gimmick" line.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-30-2004, 11:22 AM Reply   
No disrespect to Hyperlite, but I feel that LF's binding line is far superior to Hyperlites. Seems like a lot of posts of here feel that way too. Of course, not everyone will agree. Whatever feels best, as always, is the best binding for you.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-30-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
This is a great thread

I've never seen so many ignorant posts. Wait, yes I have.

Leo. What the hell were you thinking?

Mike, why are they posers???? Do they have to be awesome riders to show their stoke for the sport and the product they ride? If that were Parks or Danny out there, then the stickers would be okay because they kill it? Should they keep their stoke for the sport on the down low until they can ride good? I don't understand. Why do they have to be posers? I know guys that own sick boats and gear that aren't excellent riders, but I respect them equally because their passion for the sport is just as strong as yours.
Old    nola            09-30-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
Amen!
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-30-2004, 11:57 AM Reply   
Tamara - keeping that first post short and sweet, huh? :-)
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-30-2004, 5:05 PM Reply   
So if I buy a pair of bindings that are a pound or two lighter than my Hyperlite's, my riding will really explode right? I can't believe I didn't catch on to that sooner! Stupid me! And then a lighter board too, oh my gosh...mind boggling possibilities!
Old    edward            09-30-2004, 6:14 PM Reply   
hahahaha
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-30-2004, 6:15 PM Reply   
I guess no one heard my apology in the the 8th post. I have bought hyperlite bindings before and they were crap. Will never buy from them again. But I apologized so accept it.
Old    byerly137pro            09-30-2004, 6:48 PM Reply   
Does the weight of a board really matter, cause I'm new to the sport and don't know all the facts, but I know when dealing with snowboards the weight has nothing do with it once your riding it, it more has to do with shape, snap, and the length of the board. Although a lighter board is easier to bring around in spins buts that about it.
Old     (mishaplr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-30-2004, 9:40 PM Reply   
Here is a thought, ride what fits your foot the best and don't be a Jack#ss. So what if I suck, I love the sport. Some people should engage their brain before speaking. What would happen if you knew that LF, DoubleUp, Blindside, CWB, Obrien were owned by the same person. Everyone has different preferences and has lots of choices and that is why it is so nice that these companies have 72 page catalogs. I am over it. Everyone take a breath and Fricking RElax a little.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-30-2004, 9:44 PM Reply   
I say ride what works best for you. With that said..... I have been wakeboarding for 7 years, have lots of friends that ride. I can think of 5 binding failures among my friends. 4 were Hyperlites (all less than 1 year old). The other was a pair of 5 year old Obrien Morph bindings. I know that Hypelite repairs or replaces the bindings. But who wants be without bindings in the middle of the summer? I am not interested in HL bindings only because the durability seems to be lacking. (but they look cool!)Maybe I should buy a pair.
Old     (prior40)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-30-2004, 10:05 PM Reply   
I think one of the biggest things wrong with the industry as a whole is that many shops only sell Hyperlite so that is all some people know. They don't have the option to try something that they might like better. But at least they are out there riding and enjoying the sport.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-30-2004, 10:47 PM Reply   
J-Rod, Im not saying keep their stoke for the sport on the DL, Im just saying that people should pay thier dues to the sport. Hyperlite pushes a lot of gimmicks. If you want to support the sport, support local shops and support rider owned companies like GB.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-30-2004, 10:50 PM Reply   
Tim, I couldnt agree more. The BIG shop here in Phoenix sells only HL and only one guy there actually wakeboards, yet they all try to sell me on the BEST board. What a joke.

Also, back to J-Rod, thier "Stoke for the Sport" means alot of power turners on my lake and alot of time waiting at the ramp for them to get thier X-30 trailer across the only three lanes at the Sahuaro ramp
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-01-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
I just bought '05 HL Murray (I like to ride switch) and new Byerly bindings (they fit my feet nicely). Also I don't kill it on the water so I must be a kook! From now on I will let everyone know when and where I am going so you can steer clear of me!
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-01-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
Damn Mike, it's YOUR lake huh? I, like you don't like the new wakeboarders. They should take my example and not start boarding until they're really good.
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       10-01-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
"Hyperlite pushes a lot of gimmicks"

Why are they gimmicks, cause you think they are? Ohh then they must be...
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-01-2004, 1:51 PM Reply   
Shawn-
BOA, DNA, Roam. All I ever used to have was hyperlite, they made a good product, I had an 04 TFD DNA, and my riding digressed, it actually hindered me from riding, I picked up my GB and my riding has escalated 100%. All I'm saying is that people should check out some of the other companies besides hyperlite.
Jeremy-
By "MY" lake I was referreing to the lake I ride on. I could have wrote, means alot of power turners at the lake at which I frequently ride at, but some how typing my just seemed a whole lot easier.
To all-
Leo and I have been flamed for not thinking hyperlite is the coolest besetest company ever. I actually enjoy teaching people to ride, I enjoy teaching them to ride like me, to respect spins and not get thier panties in a wad over a backroll. For once I would like to see spins get respect.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-01-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   

Your posts just keep getting better.

This is hilarious.
Old     (vlxwakerider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-01-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
Shawn- There are 3 of us here eating Arby's for lunch, reading this thread and your posts. We really get a good laugh at your expense when you post so keep it up. Leo has some winners but you beat him out, don't worry. we would love to post some response to you two special guys, but they would just get taken off anyway. you guys rule. This is our daily entertainment reading your posts at lunch. Keep spinning. Backrolls are way too hard.
Old     (mishaplr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-01-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
Finally somebody has a clue. We read these posts at breakfast at my work for our daily entertainment. These guys are so entertaining. I think I have a new premise for a reality TV show. Somebody please come up with a name for the show and I will go to the people at Fox with it. Shawn I think you and Leo should start a T-shirt company called Hyperlite Sucks.
Old    absolutofft            10-01-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
Weight doesn't really matter, I had a very light setup previously, o'brien option board and liquid force ultra suctions. Now I have a TFD with Parks bindings and while they may be heavier I like them an awful lot more. A pound here or there doesn't make any difference imo. It's not like these things weigh 30lbs.
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       10-01-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
wake rider and lenny - I really hope you guys are not talking about me considering I have not said than asking why he thought they were gimmicks. He still didnt answer my question btw.
Old     (vlxwakerider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-01-2004, 4:12 PM Reply   
Shawn- Sorry !! I was referring to Mike Gilberts and Leo's posts on this. I agree with your post on the gimmicks. I guess we better tell all those poser snowboard boot companies like DC, Vans, K2, Ride etc.. that the BOA System is a Gimmick.
Old    210n            10-01-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
LF Teams, LF Teams, LF Teams, LF Teams, LF Teams, LF Teams, LF Teams, LF Teams
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-01-2004, 4:44 PM Reply   
I am now worse off for having read this line of posts. I award you all zero points. May God have mercy on your souls!
Old    210n            10-01-2004, 4:49 PM Reply   
LF Teams, teams Lf, force teams bindings liquid f
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-01-2004, 5:28 PM Reply   
I did not realize that posting my opinion of HL would warrant personal attacks. All I am saying is that I dont like the way that HL is taking the sport. Some of you obviously have different opinions.
No hard feelings, we all share the common love of wakeboarding, if any of you guys are ever in AZ drop me a line, you guys are always welcome to a pull.
Later on.
Old    byerly137pro            10-01-2004, 7:10 PM Reply   
If I were you I would just stop posting here under that name, I've said some stpid things but not as stupid as you. So I think you should just change your screen name and lay low for while till the fire burns out.
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-01-2004, 9:17 PM Reply   
Damn I guess I better return those murray bindings that I just bought.
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-01-2004, 9:25 PM Reply   
I ride a hyperlite byerly and love it but I do understand what some of the guys are talking about. When I first started I thought that hyperlite was the best so thats all i bought. After about the third pair of bindings someone talked me into getting some Zeus's. After riding these, I will never ride another pair of hyperlite bindings. As for Mike and Leo, this is a message board to post YOUR OWN opinions about things. Everyone has the right to their own opinion. Some people need to grow up and realize that not everyone has the same opinions as they do.
Old     (jwb)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-02-2004, 10:38 AM Reply   
these companies probably love this free advertising...
Old    bradey_132            10-23-2004, 2:40 PM Reply   
all of the hyperlite riders are riding ther new stuff. harf is riding 3ds parks is riding his and same iwth muarry i rode parks 3ds and muarrys and ther pretty much the same but the maurrys are amaizing
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-23-2004, 6:06 PM Reply   
This is so much fun
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-25-2004, 10:35 AM Reply   
Ha, ha....Welcome back to this post. EVER SINCE I STARTED RIDING HYPERLITE MY RIDING HAS BEEN HINDERED. He, he. Almost falling out of my seat over here. If people have so much trouble riding hyperlite, maybe it's because you couldn't ride to begin with.

I love people that get soo bent over different companies and soo hooked on one or another. They all make some great products, they all make some crappy products. If you are a crappy rider, you'll be a crappy rider on any board....Blah, blah, keep arguing. I'm entertained.