Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    dragon            03-18-2003, 9:39 AM Reply   
with the things that i have been reading boss i find myself not the only one with problems with there accessories. from having problems with my B530's and other people getting the wrong speakers in there cans. this sucks BOSS, i spent the $$ to have my s#:+ work not break. how is yours accessories holding?????
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-18-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
If you are going to publicly bash a company, you should put up substantial information supporting your case.

I have had nothing but great experiences with my Boss equipment.
Old    troyz            03-18-2003, 10:49 AM Reply   
Here's some info....When my B530's fell from the sky, I noticed that it was tack welded in 4 spots and not welded over the entire circumfrence of the pipe. It was almost like the half-assed the welding to finish the job faster. To me that's terrible quality control. I don't know what you think about that information, but to me it's substantial.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-18-2003, 10:55 AM Reply   
Crap happens. Did they warranty it?
Old     (noneya)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-18-2003, 10:56 AM Reply   
I dont have any experience w/ boss but skip welding instead of continuos welding is a perfectly acceptable practice. It doesnt mean that they were supposed to continuously weld it and just didnt. However if it is breaking at the weld then that is poor design or poor welding technique.

(Message edited by noneya on March 18, 2003)
Old    dragon            03-18-2003, 11:10 AM Reply   
glad that i'm not the one who has had a bad egg from boss. but with my B530's they were welded in the inside but still broke. i have already gave them to my deller, but the problem is that the 530's were a custom color and that i have to wait for 4-6 weeks to get them back. on the water with no tunes... that suck!
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-18-2003, 11:23 AM Reply   
I just picked up this weekend 2 pairs of B 60 tower speakers and all had the wrong 6.5 driver in them just got of the phone with the Stereo Shop I bought them at and was told to bring them in this afternoon and he will replace the drivers with the correct one. So I don't have a problem with Boss but I think it might not be a bad idea to check them before you buy. Lucky for me it is a local Stereo Shop so I did not have to ship them back.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-20-2003, 1:03 AM Reply   
Just to set the record straight. User Dragon (who started this post) is coming from the same computer as two other users created at the same time (dustinuoff and rider007). All of these users appear to be created by one person for the sole purpose of damaging the reputation of Boss in this thread and other. They are also probably under the false assumption that what they did was anonymous. I sure hope Boss doesn't decide to come after them...or do I?
Old    chris_hargis            03-20-2003, 12:31 PM Reply   
David, You're the man. I love technology!!!

Want some toast to go with that egg on your face? (not you David)