Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    supraman21v            07-21-2011, 7:12 PM Reply   
Who has throw some surf racks on the tower that can make a recommendation? i have the swivel board racks that come factory with standard Bimini. Tower is lowered for storage...where on the tower and what make/model racks did you use? thanks all
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-21-2011, 7:19 PM Reply   
I have seen one person that actually cut out the middle prong of the stock rack and it actually did a nice job as a surfboard rack. Here is the aftermarket surfboard rack I had on my 06'. Can't remember who made it. I am thinking it was Skylon, but don't remember. There are lots of options out there. Have you checked with Ian at Onlyinboards or www.activewake.com?
Attached Images

Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-21-2011, 9:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
I have seen one person that actually cut out the middle prong of the stock rack and it actually did a nice job as a surfboard rack
I have an extra set of forks if you want to go that way!
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-06-2011, 6:37 PM Reply   

On the starboard side I have a Dbot5 Axl double surf rack. If I were searching now, I'd look at the Nice Rack double surf rack on onlyinboards, as well as the Krypt Dominion Double Surf Rack. Of course, that's assuming you'd be looking for a double surf rack.

"I have seen one person that actually cut out the middle prong of the stock rack and it actually did a nice job as a surfboard rack." Make it 2, the upper rack on the port side was a double wakeboard rack that I cut the center fork out of. Now I store a CWB Razr and Broadcast together in the rack.

What boards are you looking to store?
Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       08-11-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
I replaced one set of stock tines with a new set from Roswell on my 2007 22SSV. Four hex nuts to remove and replace. Cost ~300. The inside corner of the rack pinches my Red Woody so I padded with some pipe insulation ($1) from Home Depot.
http://www.roswellwakeair.com/si-surf-tines, purchase at:
http://www.wakeboards.com/S-I-Surf-R...rack_tines.htm
The Roswell rep was very helpful and I got the racks in a couple days.