Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-08-2011, 8:55 AM Reply   
Need some help - my engine wouldn't shut off yesterday. Sanger V210 - Mercruiser 350. I turned the key to off and it kept running. Switched the Perko to off and it kept running. Disconnected the batteries and it stopped. Reconnected them and it worked fine.

I'm thinking that the key switch is bad, the perko is bad or that I have a grounding issue but I'm not that good with electrical. Any ideas on what to check?
Old     (MoombaRiderJ)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-08-2011, 9:27 AM Reply   
last time I had that problem, my starter was going bad.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-08-2011, 5:50 PM Reply   
Because I'm electrically challenged...how does the starter affect the engine not turning off
Old     (MoombaRiderJ)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-09-2011, 9:13 AM Reply   
From what I take from it, of course the ignition switch is wired to the starter within the motor housing which of course ignites (for no better word) the motor to turnover/fire. I assume in a way that the same process is involved with switching off the motor, the ignition send the kill signal through the starter to stop running. The only thing I'm certain of is when my motor would not turn off, I was replacing my starter within a week and have not had any issues since....hope that helps.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-09-2011, 9:30 AM Reply   
I will check it out. I replaced the batteries last week and when I load tested them last night one of them shows it should be replaced. I'm thinking that the alternator may be bad and the perko switch may be bad which is causing the batteries not to charge and some type of short to occur not allowing the engine to shut off. But I will check the starter out too.