Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    mgill76            03-15-2003, 9:41 PM Reply   
I have a 2002 20v and i just put a custom ballast system in it. now it has a real hard time getting on plane. it came with some kind of lazer cut three blade. i dont know much about that ? i built the same system cathy william was in her 20v featured in wakeboard mag last year. i think cathy ride for tige? right. i wonder if her 20v has the same problems. i wish some one could give me some advise or just point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it. it is really getting annoying.
thank you.
Old    steveaz            03-15-2003, 9:53 PM Reply   
Michael,

What are you running and how are you distrubuting it. When I was evaluating the 20V it was capable of a great wake with 1600 #'s, wake plate all the down for getting on plane and then would run at about 4 or 5. Virually none of the weight was in the rear lockers. Running about 600 in the bow (needs 800-1k) and 4-500 on each side but mostly under the rear seats and extending a little bit into the rear lockers.

You could also see how Bill J (on this board) is running his 20V, I know he's pretty happy with it.
Steve
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-15-2003, 10:04 PM Reply   
it could be your prop. Wrong pitch? bent? dinged? could be......
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-15-2003, 11:09 PM Reply   
With that much weight in the boat it's a good idea to change the prop. My dealer recommended going from a 13x13 to a 11.5x13 to improve the holeshot. It drops the top end speed by a couple of mph, which isn't a concern for me.

Are you putting TAPS all the way down (1) when starting? If not you should be since it helps keep the nose down and gets the boat on plane faster. The only time I've had problems getting on plane was at Lake Powell (3500' elevation) and the ballast full.

Old     (leetudor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-16-2003, 5:39 PM Reply   
You might want to try a 13X11.5 to get a better holeshot.
Old    mgill76            03-16-2003, 8:16 PM Reply   
Thanks, guys
I'm running 400 in the rear lockers and 200 under the seats in the middle and 100 under each seat in the front for a total of 1400lbs. The wake is great with the taps at about 4, it just sucks coming out of the hole. I don't know the pitch of the prop. Tige said to put this prop on there in place of the ss 4 blade, so I never got to run the 4 blade to see if would be any better. What prop are y'all running with your 20Vs? Does anybody know contacts for Tige?
Old    mgill76            03-16-2003, 8:19 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, I built all of my tanks out of 1/8'' aluminum because I didn't want the water bed sacks and the leaks that come along with them!
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-16-2003, 8:29 PM Reply   
i'd say you need more weight in front