Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    upupnaway            09-28-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
We had perfect conditions yesterday, and everyone stepped up and rode their butts off!
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=12106
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-28-2004, 1:56 PM Reply   
Nice video... looks like fun. Some bad faceplants in there!
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-28-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
Yeah, we have had the nicest September I can remember. Were are you guys riding, the Fox?
Old    upupnaway            09-28-2004, 2:32 PM Reply   
We are up on wonder lake. It was great.... no wind, and nobody out there all day except for us.
It was the first 4 run day I have had this year, and I fear it will be the last. stupid winter.
Old    byerly137pro            09-28-2004, 3:56 PM Reply   
I liked the part in the middle where the music was like "WHAAT" and the guy fell, that was hilarious. Nice video.
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-28-2004, 4:43 PM Reply   
They weren't all that bad. The last one on the video pretty much ended my riding for the day, though. Still, I can't complain, it was some of the best water all year.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-28-2004, 8:13 PM Reply   
That brought a huge smile to my face! I know those dudes (and dudette)!

Liz, you are RIPPING! Sweet grabs. Mike, rolls are looking solid! Well, all your riding is looking solid! You guys have really progressed this summer.

Lumpy, way to go man! What a difference. Dude, stand tall at the wake and stop absorbing it and you will be flying.

Hope all is well with the Wonder Lake crew. Lake must be getting cold.
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-28-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
Paul, it is good to hear from you again. The water was a little chilly, but still not time for the wetsuits.Hope all is well with you, and hope to see you on Wonderlake again
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-28-2004, 8:19 PM Reply   
P.S. No offense to the fine friends I ride with but I owe my carving skills to you, dude!
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-28-2004, 8:30 PM Reply   

quote:

P.S. No offense to the fine friends I ride with but I owe my carving skills to you, dude!

Well, that would explain the faceplants!

I hope to make it back again as well and would be stoked for the privilege of riding with your crew again. I know I will be back in 2007 for my 20 year reunion, and I will be back for any Cubs game where they could win and go to the World Series although don't think I'll be partaking in the Wonder Lake waters that time of year.

Really stoked you guys got such great water and are still out there killing it. Lumpy, look how far you have come!

Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-28-2004, 8:37 PM Reply   
Yikes! I didn't realize my form was so awful. I have been kinda beating myself up for no w2w yet, but hopefully we can get a few more rides in before Chitown is in winters icy grip. Thanks for posting the pic, it made me laugh.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-28-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
You made a lot of progress that day. I remember those days. Figuring out how to go w2w is tough. It's like learning to swing a golf club, so many thoughts, so little time! Looks like you are just about there from the video. Just have to stop yourself from absorbing the wake. Straighten those knees as you hit the wake and push your chest up.

Here's a better pic from my trip....

Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-28-2004, 9:14 PM Reply   
Whew! Thank god I finally started to let my arms out when I ride. Took care of alot of issues I had.
Old    upupnaway            09-29-2004, 5:59 AM Reply   
Hey there Paul! It is wild seeing those pictures, Lumpy really has come a long way. Every time he gets up, he throws in a couple of surface 180's, and he can surf the wake a'la Andre style with one hand. (He was recently watching a wakeboarding vid over here, and one of the pros was surfing up and down the wake....he got all heated and yelled "Hey, thats MY trick!)
I just tought myself the backroll a couple of weeks ago, and I got the toeside three about a month or so ago.
Liz is really making leaps and bounds! Her heelside grabs are really consistant, her toeside wake to wake is getting consistant, and the other day she was doing toeside grabs like a champ! she also hit a few wake to wake 180's this year.

Have you been able to get out much? We have been having a great streak of warm weather, so if the Cubs go all the way, we will save you a spot on the boat!
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-29-2004, 6:10 AM Reply   
That TS3 in the vid was sweet, and came out of nowhere and surprised me! But then again I am not surprised that you continue to pick up tricks like that at such a quick pace. Like I said, Liz's riding looks great, very smooth and controlled. Lumpy's going to get that W2W one of the next few times out.

I have not been out in months. I have been doing nothing but surfing and working all summer, and following my 7 year old daughter around. Summer is not really our riding season around here. Too crowded and too hot out at the river. We're going to start picking up again next month though, and I am looking forward to it.

GO CUBS! (Freakin' curse)
Old    upupnaway            09-29-2004, 6:20 AM Reply   
You got it good, picking up again in the next month. one month from now, we will probably reach freezing temps at night. This was a freaky year, we were wearing wet suits in july and august. september has been the nicest month so far.
So, soon enough I will be expecting you to be posting some video of your winter exploits!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-29-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
mike it is dropping close to freezing here in madison at night, but we are still riding board shorts.....today is butter and we are heading out soon.....mike....go for the toeside five its almost easier than the toeside three....not really but a toeside three can be easily rotated....liz was riding great at the madison hypertour event...and she took first....hopefully ill catch you guys next year.....grab the snowboard!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-29-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
oops meant to say toeside three can be easily over rotated
Old    fng03            09-29-2004, 6:29 PM Reply   
Awesome day is an understatement...thanks for posting the vid, bro (and kudos on your use of the Beasties).

Lumpy - the picture that Paul posted speaks volumes (or at least 1,000 words) about your improvement when compared to the video. Your form, confidence, and overall presence on the water have made great strides since Spring. You are definitely keeping the pressure on me.

Liz - you are also looking quite good on the water; your grabs are looking effortless.

Mike - what can I say? You make this stuff look easy, especially given your ability to recover from any conceivable disaster, and ride through the worst water as if it were glass (remember the Wreck of the Lumpy Fitzgugle?).

Paul - it's nice to see you back around. I look forward to riding with you again in 2007.
Old    upupnaway            10-01-2004, 3:46 PM Reply   
See, had you been out, you would have some footage on there as well
we have to get you out at least one more time before the snow starts to fall.....