Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-12-2010, 5:23 PM Reply   
So I have finally decided that it is time to get a king sized bed; however, getting it up my stairs is my biggest dilemma. I have an old house and the staircase barely fits a conventional queen up it (i have to take out 2 treads). Because of this, I am looking at Sleep Number beds or Memory foam beds. Does anyone have any experience with either? Pros/ cons? I am looking to spend no more than $2k.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-12-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
I bought a memory foam bed from Costco. I actually tried a couple. You can't beat Costco's return policy. If you don't like it, they'll come pick it up and give you a full refund. The same goes if the bed starts to sag or have issues way before the warranty is up - even like 5 years down the road, Costco will take it back.

Some folks swear by the tempurpedic brand. I layed on them in the store. There are different firmnesses, and I like the one I got from Costco just as much or better than any I tried. The tempurpedic salesperson will certainly tell you their's is the best, though.

Last edited by brettw; 10-12-2010 at 7:08 PM.
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-12-2010, 9:26 PM Reply   
I have a tempurpedic at home and a costco knock off at our cabin. I can't tell the difference. The memory foam mattresses come shrink wrapped tightly compressed in a box, so it'll be way easier to get it up your stairs. It's a trip cutting a hole in the bag and watching the mattress grow.
Old    SamIngram            10-13-2010, 1:31 PM Reply   
I have a sleep number in a king. It comes in about a million pieces and will easily go up any stairs. I am very hard on my stuff and can tell you that the sleep number should last a lifetime if you use a mattress cover. It comes with a "cover" that zips over the mattress innards and actually forms the mattress. If it gets dirty it is very hard to clean. If it needs replacement its $600, so IMO a good aftermarket mattress cover is a good investment.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-13-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
We have had several from Costco and returned a few and it always worked well.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-24-2010, 8:31 AM Reply   
Sleep number . Lots of pieces , but it is the easiest to transport.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-24-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
I ended up going here http://www.originalmattress.com/ and got a pillow top king. To solve my stairway issue, they make a "hinged" king mattress that folds from top to bottom like a taco. They even folded it for me before loading it into my truck. I saw the factory and side by side comparisons and liked the value I was getting. I was out the door for under $1000.