Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-05-2006, 10:59 PM Reply   
Hi, I don`t know how many have been riding the new ronix boards, but I just wanted to ask anybody who has if someone has broken a ronix board.

We had a ronix one 142 for testing last week, which broke after 3 sets. Broke and has quite some fissures. Anybody else with such experiences?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-06-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
According to this website, thats what happens when you make a lighter board. I don't really know though... What was the situation?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-06-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
Harf broke one at worlds....

I'm not judging till they really hit the market. There is definitely a balancing point between weight and strength. Some of the companies like Ronix and CWB seem to be stradling that line.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-06-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
WakeMark,

Can you explain with some more detail or pics? Also what is "fissures" like a crack or tear or delam or what?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-06-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
umm...well considering the fact that Ronix products havent even really hit shops yet I doubt you'll find too many people that have ridden them. And of the people that HAVE ridden them, I'd guess that most are associated with the company so they might not be too eager to jump out on the internet and say that they've had issues...not to say that there have or haven't been issues because I really don't know either way.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-06-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
Evan,

let's see what people think about the weight/strength balance... "Light board/Heavy board" thread.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-06-2006, 10:40 PM Reply   
funny, Hyperlite makes really heavy boards that fall apart.
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-06-2006, 11:34 PM Reply   
Hey, we've tested the Ronix One 142 behind a well loaded tige 21v RE. The board was tested by two riders in a total of three sets.
Obviously and stated by both riders the board had extreme pop, yet was very good to handle and easy and smooth to land.
The board was spinned, inverted and bailed, but nothing out of the ordinary.
The crack was discovered after testing, it wasn't recognised while riding.
The board is cracked at it'thickest part below the toeside part of the front binding on the top. The crack has gone through the whole top.
Fissures or hairline cracks apear on the top of the board.

For the rest both riders were stuned by the performance of the board. Both riders wanted to get the board and still want to.

On behalf of cracked boards. I've seen and experienced boards of any brand crack and in my experience lighter constructions tend to break more easily.
Considering that the Ronix One 142 weights around 8 pounds and my transcend 142 is around 7.8 pounds and is holding on since 2005 while a marius 140 with 7.9 pounds broke third time riding, I don't think the weight is to blame.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-07-2006, 8:11 AM Reply   
does anyone know the warranty for Ronix boards?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-07-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
Just talk to Steve at Sports LTD in Woodland hills and he told me they are lifetime like HL.
Old    gotwake123            11-07-2006, 6:03 PM Reply   
i have one i bought it at the int nationals and i love it it is light as crap and has the best pop. it seems pretty strong but you never know every board has a chance of breaking. i dont know why everyone is looking down on them they are awsome. i think everyone is jelus of them that there board is a peace of crap now
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-07-2006, 9:47 PM Reply   
ive never had a hyperlite break on me... but i had a cwb break on me this summer....
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-08-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
WakeMark,

Thnx for the adtl info...

Can you verify the weight again? All the HYPE ;) on Ronix has been the board/binding weight is simillar to other board weights alone. The rumor mill has indicated the boards are like 4/5 lbs compared to the usual 8 lbs?

Lzy
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-08-2006, 9:32 AM Reply   
aaron, i havent seen any of the stuff in person, but what i was told was that danny's Ronix One board AND bindings was 5lbs lighter than his old Premier/murray setup. Most of that difference coming from the bindings....again this is what i heard, but it does make sense....
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-08-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
I would believe that. I tried on a pair of those bindings at Performance last month and they are extremely light. Just by holding one of my faction binding in one hand and the ronix binding in the other theronix were noticably lighter. However, the base plate was not on the ronix binding. stiil i cannot see how it would make up the difference - unless it was made of steel.
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-08-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
i am buying the vault 134. if they don't have a lifetime warranty i dk if i want one. the board sounds sick.
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-08-2006, 11:20 PM Reply   
The Ronix One 142 weights something around 8 pounds. Maybe a little less. It's weight is comarable to other boards this size, I would say. I heared that the Ronix bindings were much lighter, but I haven't got my hands on one yet.