Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old    bocephus            01-20-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
Anyone have any suggestions....

First Inverts...
Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-20-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   
If your comfortable with throwing your head directly backward, you may want to try a tantrum. they are hard to get consistant but not so hard to land.
back rolls are probably the easiest invert to get down. you just need to understand the rotation. practice on a trampoline and they are both pretty easy. GOOD LUCK!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-20-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
bocephus, seems to me that the only thing you did wrong was let go of the handle. hang on and keep the handle at your lead hip.
Old    bocephus            01-20-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
Thanks Dave. The tantrum is the only thing I have landed so far. Most of my tantrums end up going all the way to revert or fakie though and I have a hard time stopping them from coming around that way. You can see my tantrum attempts here:

Tantrum Attempts
Old     (bhutch)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-20-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
IMO 90% there..From blurry video looks like you're letting the handle out/up..keep it lower/into the waist... so you'll rotate around the handle..tough if it's up/out around head/neck level..weird, once you land one you'll have it figured out..had guys land one after 100's of attempts, then land 4 of next 10...you'll get it
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-20-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
Really close attempt. I can't actually do a backroll so take this advise with a grain of salt. Two things I would suggest:
1. Concentrate on riding up the wake and away from the boat at the top of the crest. Your rotation is a little mexi because you are not riding up the wake you are riding through it. I would suggest you approach the wake more progressively, start your cut slower and build speed in the trough, up the wake and away behind the boat.

2. Keep both hands on the handle, dropping either hand will slow down the rotation.

The wake looks mint!
Old    bocephus            01-20-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, I appreciate the suggestions. Darren, the wake is provided by the Golden Calf running stock ballast plus about 1200 #'s with two guys in the boat. There was only one other wakeboarding boat on the entire lake once again. The water temp was 48 degrees, but the air was in the 60's I think.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-20-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
actually, dropping the lead hand will turn you to revert. dropping the back hand will keep you forward. letting the handle out/away from your body will slow down the rotation.

mexican rolls aren't due to not riding up the wake. it's "tucking" instead of looking up and over the lead shoulder that leads to a mexican roll.