Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-19-2009, 6:58 PM Reply   
Ok so I have heard these exist. What are the benefits. My buddy seems to think they can serve the same purpose as ballast. Is this correct? What are the benefits of a "wakeboard prop". Thanks!
Old     (flyspec14)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-19-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
Thats what you get for listening to your friends. If you can get your prop to throw a bigger wake let me know.

It may help getting your ballast-loaded boat on plane though ;)

(Message edited by flyspec14 on May 19, 2009)
Old     (afwakepilot13)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-20-2009, 4:41 AM Reply   
More low end power (holeshot) to pull riders up with more ballast/people, smoother & quieter operation, and they claim increased fuel efficiency (not proven on my boat, but it sure does require less throttle for a given speed). They're not really wakeboard specific, they are normally just pitched slightly down, and are CNC machined which gives them more accuracy and surface area. In reality, you are just selecting a prop that better fits your specific boat and application.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-20-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
Thanks guys...we had this exact argument. I had to ask to settle the case. I KNEW I WAS RIGHT!!! There is just no way for it to be possible, but he swore up and down that they exist and in some crazy way when the moon aligns perfectly with Jupiter work...Ha ha ha...friends + BEER = funny stories/arguments.
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-24-2009, 5:35 PM Reply   
the prop doesnt change the wake, it changes how the boat travels through the water. with wakeboarders we have tons of ballast and cruise at low, constant speeds. there are props that will increase the performance of all those things i just mentioned.