Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (iaonbb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-20-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
One of the beautiful ladies we ride with fell backwards and shot the board into the back of the boat a couple weeks back. Put a small crack in the tip and now it's just starting to delaminate. Tried using a little silicone but isn't working. Any suggestions? Epoxy of some sort from Home Depot? Thanks as always...
Old     (gary_in_ia)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-20-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
Epoxy is the way to go. I've fixed several wakeboards with no problems. Look for an epoxy made for fiberglass and water immersion. Clean up the crack and underneath the lamination. Spread the epoxy in there and then clamp in down. Make sure you use blocks and padding so you don't mark your board. After it is cured you can file or sand down the excess epoxy.
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-20-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
After you repair it, check these guys and be proactive. If you are you are going to train people, this is a good investment on your beginner board.

SurfCo's Nose Guards.
Old     (iaonbb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-20-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
Actually Loc,I put one of those POS's on last month...it fell off the first day! I was way disappointed. Followed the instructions religiously, cleaned with the recommended chemical, then applied primer and set in a nice warm environment. It never adhered to the bottom and the contours didn't seem to work with the tip on the Broadcast. Now I have a board with sandpaper scratches all over the edges and no guard! Gave up on that idea again...$25 it cost me too!
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-20-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
Disaster Marc - that's the first negative feedback I have heard about them.

Did you contact Surfco? I would have called them right up and told them what was going on. It sounds like it wasn't dry or the chemical residue broke down the adhesive which should not happen. Did you use their primer?
Old     (iaonbb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-20-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
LOC - yep, did everything perfect. I plan to take it back to the local shop where I bought it. They're great and should give me another one to try. It just seemed like it didn't want to conform to the relatively pointy tip on the Broadcast.Would probably work much better on a IS or similar wide nosed board. Thanks bro!~