Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 16, 2007

Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-13-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
So I was out yesterday at 6a and enjoying the glassy water when I wasn't nodding off.....It was cool out, and I forgot to bring l/s shirts and only had one towel to share. No problem cuz I had my drysuit! ....

Anyway, the water was so nice I did some switch riding so I could practice, and try landing my HS W2W and 180's with some consistency. Felt great so I thought "what the heck" and attempted my first TS 180 riding switch.... HOLY CRAP! Landed it perfectly and with minimal mental scarring!!

Too bad nobody but my girlfriend saw it....(and she didn't know what I did anyway)...I guess the upside is that I didn't catch any grief for the drysuit either....

I dinged my board though too!

(Message edited by clubjoe on August 13, 2007)
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-13-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
Joe, now bring it to Switch toe 3! Its super easy once you have the 180 down, just add a blind 180 to it and you got a full switch spin
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-13-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
You are seriously wearing a freakin DRYSUIT in Bakersfield, in AUGUST!!!???

Dude...

(oh, nice job on the switch 180!)
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-13-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
Andy.....

That's a great idea except for two points......#One, I can hardly ride switch in the first place, and #two.....I can hardly ride switch in the first place!

Now technically I know that it's just one point, but it's such an important point that I thought it deserved mentioning twice!

I was hoping to do some kind of circle before summer ended, but I'm thinkin it's gonna be off my toe riding regular (if at all)......But who knows???

Jamie-- The benefit of being an old guy like me is that I don't have to care what anyone thinks anymore ......Besides, I have delicate skin! ......Thanks for the kudos!------

(Message edited by clubjoe on August 13, 2007)
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-13-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
I'm right there with ya, brutha!! Right now I'm actually wearing black socks and sandals at work.

In an office setting.

My wife loves me!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-13-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
LOL at the black socks with sandals. I don't care so much what others think of me...but when I look in the mirror and feel sorry for the dude looking back at me I know its time to change clothes. :-)
Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-15-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
Funny I was working on the BS 180 and had the same thought. I can now do it one wake so W2W should follow soon (I hope! And any advise here welcome).

So then I started doing switch TS 180 and I also found that they are super easy, and that the natural extension would be to tie both these tricks together and go for a 3.

So, my question, is: Once I have both those moves down, would it be easier to do a SWITCH TS FS 3 (SW TS FS 180 + REG BS 180), or a REGULAR BS 3 (same moves but in reverse order)?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-15-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
congrats Joe! I expect to see that on saturday!
hopefully you will not be rocking either a drysuit, or socks with sandals.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-15-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
Santa, a regular BS 3 is a lot easier than a switch ts 3. I learned BS 3's a lot sooner than a BS 180, and they came fairly easy. I am still having trouble getting my switch ts 180s w2w.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-15-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
wow... it bothers me that so many guys in their 30s keep talking of how old they are... i know you don't have the knees of a 20 year old and recover as quick... but to complain about "delicate skin" coming out of a guys mouth is just wrong...

oh well i know i'm going to get a lot of flack for this but man up and stay young as long as you can... oh by the way, i'm 16 so you can get mad at me more...

kudos though
Old    walt            08-15-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
The TS halfcab is a lot easier than you might think.
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-15-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
Brett-AKA: "Georgia Peach", as per your email.....
(is there something you'd like to tell us, Brett?)--

I'm 46, so I think that qualifies me as an "old guy" in this sport. I don't consider it a hinderance though.

I'm also assuming because you're 16 (I can't remember when I was 16 ) you might have some difficulty picking up on sarcasm about the delicate skin. Plus I'm not very "image paranoid", so I don't care much what anyone thinks. Don't worry though....you'll grow out of it someday.

Oh yeah.....I'm prolly in every bit as good shape as you, if not better, and thats no sarcasm!

Thomas-- Shweet!! I'm assuming 6a? I promise, no drysuit! ......I'll see what I can do about the 180......Just you, or is the honey makin' the drive too?

Jamie-- You're a bigger man than me, cuz I don't think I could do the black socks and sandals......I guess that makes me a "little" image conscious, but hey, you gotta draw the line someplace, right??