Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ilboarder12)      Join Date: May 2009       05-06-2011, 11:05 AM Reply   
i've been sitting on this idea ever since the system boots came out, picked up a pair of system murrays for my bday, and finally got to test it out yesterday at cherry creek. coming from ss drivers, this setup is so much lighter, much more responsive and quick/easy in and out. my reasoning for using the snowboard bindings is A. i swear by the toe cap, which the system doesn't have, B. i'm a college student who does have the extra $$ for the hype bindings, C. why use the hype binding that has maybe a few years r&d when snowboard companies have had 10-20+ years r&d to get it right.

pretty much a continued evolution from my previous thread a few years back:
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699495

anyways its an 08 slingshot recoil (w/ 4x4 hole pattern), 06 burton mission bindings (w/ aftermarket lo back) and the system murrays. i had gotten the lo backs this past winter from tactics boardshop to get some more tweak on my grabs snowboarding (burton's highbacks are ungodly tall) and they worked out great for wakeboarding. it would be possible to mount these bindings to an I-trac board, just have to call up Burton and have them send the conversion discs (since they also use the I-trac)

some pics: http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...f/DSC00422.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...f/DSC00421.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...f/DSC00419.jpg

the next step would be for the I-trac boards (Slingshot/Hyperlite). It would be to mount some Burton EST bindings. I figure it would give you a bit better feel for the board since there is no plastic/aluminum base under foot. If anyone would like to get this a try please do so b/c i'm not switching to a new slingshot til i snap my recoil.

can't wait to try it out at the KCW in 2 weeks (be there may 17th/18th, if anyone wants to meetup) and winching when i get back home.

let me know what ya think..
Old    SamIngram            05-06-2011, 12:23 PM Reply   
Here are your photos...

Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-06-2011, 12:54 PM Reply   
awesome idea, the toe strap with those looks like its be pretty legit
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-06-2011, 1:17 PM Reply   
Great idea. Here is my guarantee (without having any inside knowledge of the binding R&D going on in this industry)....you will see the system bindings with toe cap straps on the version they release.

I have toe caps on my snowboard bindings and wouldn't change it for anything.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-06-2011, 2:46 PM Reply   
Great Point Eric. I would not trade my toes caps for anything, one of the best innovations on snowboard boots were toecaps!
Old     (ilboarder12)      Join Date: May 2009       05-07-2011, 1:22 PM Reply   
@ sam, thanks i couldn't for the life of me figure out how to post them directly to the thread

@nuckledragger, your prob rite, it'd be stupid not to incorporate them into the 2nd version of the system

@andy, totally agree one of the best innovations, it just pulls you back into the bindings better= no heel lift and no pressure points like the standard strap
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-07-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
The reason's I hear they didn't go with a traditional toe cap was because they had issues with it catching water while cutting toeside. The toe strap on the system binding does cover your toe, however it doesn't cover it the same way as a snowboard style cap.
Old     (ilboarder12)      Join Date: May 2009       05-07-2011, 1:46 PM Reply   
@ ponder, i wonder how they could be catching water with their toestrap, b/c in my few sets with my setup, it's never even gotten close to catching due to the wide width of the board, which isn't out of the norm compared to other boards.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-07-2011, 2:15 PM Reply   
I'm not sure either that is just what I heard. I would like to see them either change it to a toe cap or go with how Ride's new bindings are where the rubber toe strap is connected to the strap that cranks down over the top of the ankle. I rode the systems with no problems with my toe lifting though. So, it works just fine but I think it would look a lot better.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-07-2011, 2:16 PM Reply   
It could have also been the bigger boots that were catching, the 12/13 sizes?
Old     (ilboarder12)      Join Date: May 2009       05-07-2011, 2:21 PM Reply   
@ponder, yeah def could have been i've only got the size 10 boots. i've been wanting to try out the ride contraband bindings on my snowboard, interested in how they flex compared to normal binders. have you tried the contrabands?
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-07-2011, 2:26 PM Reply   
No, but when I was in Breck and Keystone this spring I talked to a few people that had them and only heard good things. I'm in the market for new bindings on my board so I'll prob go with those if I can find some discounted.