Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (guy460)      Join Date: May 2007       10-16-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
Been riding a 06 Murray with the centre fin & want a change. All my mates say to go with the force. Can get a lyman super cheap but not ridden it. Rode an axis which was sweet, a fish which was looser than a hooker with an std....not nice & a watson which was still a wee bit loose for me. Is the lyman any good or would it be to loose for me & if so what should i get??
Old    dperizzolo            10-16-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
the lyman is pretty loose. it takes a while to get used to but once you figure it out it is a really sick board. it has tons of pop, a really fast edge, super smooth landings. i cant say enough good things about this board, but again it is pretty loose.
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
Lyman feels a little more locked in than the Watson when your on edge and up the wake. I feel like the Watson will release edge and little easier than the Lyman. I love the Lyman, great board. Previous boards, Murray 08, Premier 03, Slingshot response, Parks 05, and rode a Watson 138 a few times.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       10-16-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
try the witness.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
the lyman is the loosest of the three LF boards you just listed, IMO. i've ridden them all more than a couple of times.

the axis is probably the best blend of all of their boards in my opinion. its sticky where you need it, fast on edge, crazy pop, nice landings...it does all those things well.
Old     (guy460)      Join Date: May 2007       10-16-2008, 11:42 AM Reply   
Whats the witness like compared to the axis?
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-16-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
I think the lyman would be to loose for you because I just got off the lf trip and its a very similar board and it is extremely loose compared to my ronix mana without the center fin. The mana is very grippy if you like that, its on the slower side like your murray would be and it pops really hard. But if you want liquid force go with the axis.