Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    evo900            07-27-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-27-2005, 2:43 PM Reply   
damn those are sick. no closed toe in 06 from LF?
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-27-2005, 2:47 PM Reply   
I swear I had some Air Jordans circa 1988 that looked almost identical to the Sphinyx.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-27-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
Bingo!

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-27-2005, 2:52 PM Reply   
Me like!
Old    socalgrl79            07-27-2005, 3:54 PM Reply   
I love the Minx! Sweet!
Old    260searay            07-27-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
Those are sweet. I still like my 05 Sphynx though.
Old    wickedwake            07-27-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
Maybe the Team's replacement will be closed toe?
Old    260searay            07-27-2005, 4:19 PM Reply   
I dont understand the closed toe...what is the reason for it?
Old    enellos            07-27-2005, 4:47 PM Reply   
Wait and see my friends. Let me assure you that you ain't seen nothing yet. Those still don't represent our high end bindings. Enough said.

LF rep.

Old    260searay            07-27-2005, 4:50 PM Reply   
I thought the transits and the sphynx are high end?
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-27-2005, 5:08 PM Reply   
i hope that by high end you don't just mean closed toe because that seems kinda poor to me. since it is LF i have high hopes.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-27-2005, 5:11 PM Reply   
Eh, they're nice but I'd have to say I prefer the '05 Sphynx
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-27-2005, 5:16 PM Reply   
i didn't think bindings could get any more comfortable than my 05 transits, maybe more durable but for comfort i loved the feel of the transits.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-27-2005, 5:29 PM Reply   
I dont like the 06 color schemes, definately better 05 colors.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-27-2005, 5:54 PM Reply   
Strat, maybe you can tell us the benefits of closed toe.
We're starving for that info.
Old     (justinstephens)      Join Date: May 2003       07-27-2005, 9:04 PM Reply   
http://www.liquidforcefilms.com/videoclip/tease.mov
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-28-2005, 7:17 AM Reply   
Was that the Paris Hilton Video?
Old    wickedwake            07-28-2005, 7:34 AM Reply   
that is what i saw too?
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-28-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
Do any of you know when these will be available for purchase?
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2005, 7:50 AM Reply   
what the hell was that justin? way to provide great insight on the convo!
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-28-2005, 8:10 AM Reply   
That was so grainy it was hard to get any detail out of that. This one's better.
http://www.liquidforcefilms.com/videoclip/my_name_earl.mov
Old     (justinstephens)      Join Date: May 2003       07-28-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
You guys are funny...

Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-28-2005, 9:39 PM Reply   
my bindings are closed toe. they work great on my wakeskate.

there seems to be a lot of overly complicated bindings out there nowadays. id say over half the bindings ive sold this summer at the shop have been alphas. im kinda bummed that they went the way of the FAST system
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       07-29-2005, 9:26 AM Reply   
Jason the clip doesn't work
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-29-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
got taken off, iff you look at http://www.liquidforcefilms.com/videoclip only the tease movie is listed now
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-29-2005, 11:17 AM Reply   
is that the wakeboarding labrador again?

now if they would remove that stale filter and add some color we would be in business.
Old    enellos            07-29-2005, 3:36 PM Reply   
I do mean Closed Toe plus on one pair and much more. Try easier to get into and WAY lighter (almost two pounds). Benifits of closed toe, obviously it'll be a preference thing, but the biggest benifit that I see is that you have more leverage on your heal side edge, because when you are edging into the wake, your toes will no longer be pointing straight up to the sky, they will now be pressing against your boot helping you to control and edge harder. Are most of us riders going to notice that, probably not. But Shane's new bindings are SO comfortable and COOL looking those benifets aren't going to matter much. It is definitly another huge breakthrough in wakeboard technology.

Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-29-2005, 7:27 PM Reply   
jason- find that video in your temp internet files and post it up here!

enellos- so what youre saying is that very few people are going to notice the benefits of the boot, but its ok because it looks super neato?
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-29-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
does the easier to get into and lighter apply to all of the bindings or just shane's and are his boots going to be the top of the line of liquid force?
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-29-2005, 9:47 PM Reply   
I love how wakeboard products are not built to work anymore... Just sell and look cool.

For some companies at least.
Old     (justinstephens)      Join Date: May 2003       07-29-2005, 10:13 PM Reply   
SoCalrider...You have no idea what you are talking about my friend...There are a lot of people that put their hearts and souls into these products in order to make wakeboarding more fun and comfortable, specifically for people like you. It would be really easy to just slap something together instead of working 16 hour days, away from our families...

Old    skatie            07-30-2005, 8:50 AM Reply   
right on justin, and thank you!
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-31-2005, 11:08 PM Reply   
People put their hearts and soul into many things my young grasshopper. I would like to see heart and soul put into a product that will make someone ride better, or will last all season without warranty problems.... not just look cool. If these close toe'd boots will do that...GREAT!
Tell me/us how they will.

PS You make fantastic videos my friend.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2005, 6:11 AM Reply   
Sorry Scott, check my temp files, it's not their anymore.
The new close toes look even more like moon boots than my LE Teams.

(Message edited by skibum69 on August 01, 2005)
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-01-2005, 7:10 AM Reply   
I cant decide if they look really cool, or like my sister's roller skates back in 1982.
Old    wickedwake            08-01-2005, 7:32 AM Reply   
....... I hope that isnt the color scheme they are going with...
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-01-2005, 7:44 AM Reply   
The little cinch handle holder look like a good idea. My laces have a great ability to lodge themselves inside the boot.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-01-2005, 7:46 AM Reply   
I'd hate to think what that boot will smell like after a few days on the water.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-01-2005, 11:23 AM Reply   
it will probably smell like it looks..........
Old    corkyswx2            08-01-2005, 11:36 AM Reply   
those shanes are something... cant wait unitl surf expo so i can ride 'em!!
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-01-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
the black Watson's look better, and they are open toed.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-01-2005, 12:28 PM Reply   
The liner on those boots look very similar to a snowboard boot liner.
Old    r_dub            08-01-2005, 12:55 PM Reply   
When I see the closed toe binding, the first thing that comes to mind is a boot filled with water. I hope they drain well!
Not knocking them until I try them. But that is my first thought.
Old    chavezychavez            08-01-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
enellos:

No 'breakthrough' has been made. Closed toe has been done before, and it was scrapped.

Don't come on here spouting about breakthroughs until you do some homework.

Just a note I don't want nor need an open toe. I have lost more toenails than I can count due to my big toe hitting the top of my (snow)ski boots. Pretty much one a year every year that I have skiied. I don't need that to transfer over to the water thank you very much.

Justin:

Sorry bro, but LF has done very little but increase the "bling" factor in bindings and steal other companies ideas.

I am glad to hear they shaved weight this year as this was a major problem with the 05 line.

If it is any consolation, your target audience (wallys) will most likely come in droves to buy this stuff.

Maybe next year you guys will focus on your board lines? Maybe?

Do yourselves a favor though, and fire the 13 year old that chose the asthetics for this year's line.

(Message edited by chavezychavez on August 01, 2005)
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-01-2005, 1:52 PM Reply   
The magnet lace idea is very cool. When water hits them I'm sure they will pop off but in theory, cool. They probably have tested and made this not happen. I always have laces hanging all over.
Old     (justinstephens)      Join Date: May 2003       08-01-2005, 1:55 PM Reply   
WHEW...Thats too bad you feel that way...I guess that everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, oh well...Sorry that you get so fired up on belittling others, especially LF.

Justin
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-01-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
Wow, Chavez. Missed your post until I read Justin's response.
Did Tony Finn beat you up in the third grade?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-01-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
don't mind chavez...he's riding cwb's jock right now.

jk chavez.

for the records, i'm on '05 lf teams (which imo are 200% better than the cwb zeus), and looking to get on the '06 marius (which imo pops better and lands much, MUCH better than the lf substance).
Old    enellos            08-01-2005, 3:43 PM Reply   
Let me restate and explain my point on why these boots are such a break through compared to anything else you have ever seen. Take a look at the picture of the Shane Boot above. Look at the inside liner. It's more like a snowboard boot, super easy to slip in (Hands free slip in) with no pinching points on the sides. Also more secure around your ankle. Also, where is the hardware, it's not there making the binding almost two pounds lighter. I'm not saying that this boot is for everyone, I'm just saying that I don't think you will find a more comfortable and suportive binding anywhere. Having already tried these bindings, I don't think it is the type of binding that you are going to loose your toenail on. but good luck with that. As far as the graphics go, you may not like them, but this is Shane's boot, and it reflects Shane. By the way, we haven't even talked about the base plate. You'll just have to wait and see for yourselves if you believe in our product. All I can say is, when the product hits the market, get out and demo it for yourselves. Don't take our word for it. Let yourself be the judge and let me know what you think.

Old     (justinstephens)      Join Date: May 2003       08-01-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   
Very well said Strat...HI-5...
Old    chavezychavez            08-01-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
Joe - and its why I ride a Absolute, but still rock my CD's. All about preference. You know as well as I that I could be riding any of the CWB bindings right now, but I am not. I have tried them all save the low end models.

enellos - my CD's have no pinch points, do not require slime, and fit my leg like a glove due to the high wrapping snowboard style upper. They are very light, there is no extra hardware, and the baseplates do not flex. My only complaint is that the laces are a pain, but once I am in, I feel like I am wearing comfy shoes.

- Sure sounds like my CD's are a whole lot like what you just described. -

Anyhow, why don't you guys tell Chris to get me a pair to test, and if it 'blows my mind' then I will retract what I have said. I am an average rider, and if this product can help the helpless (me), then you are on to something.

As for the rest of my post above - Justin knows where I stand. No need to repeat it here.
Old    wickedwake            08-01-2005, 4:26 PM Reply   
The Watson....Will def be rocking these next year...
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-01-2005, 5:44 PM Reply   
I've removed the pics of the Shane boot because those were early prototypes that are not what they will be releasing. Here is what Liquid Force had to say...

"Someone took unauthorized pics of it [Shane's boot] at our sales meeting...That was an early prototype and since then the boot has had a MAJOR overhaul...We don’t want to show incorrect product and have it reflect poorly on us and Shane."

P.S. I accidentally deleted the Sphynx from the original post as well. Sorry about that.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-01-2005, 5:58 PM Reply   
"As far as the graphics go, you may not like them, but this is Shane's boot, and it reflects Shane." it can reflect shane all it wants. if nobody likes it then nobody will buy it. what good is a pro model that doesnt sell?

nonetheless i am interested in knowing how the binding will attach to the board. hopefully sooner or later you will get bored of hyping this whole thing and just tell us.

oh and p.s. apparently shane's bindings wont actually look like the pic on wake.au? thats what cam from that site said on the other site.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-01-2005, 9:12 PM Reply   

quote:

if nobody likes it then nobody will buy it.

it's got shane's name on it...it'll sell. look at parks' board and bindings...not the best in the world, but they sell.
Old    enellos            08-01-2005, 9:58 PM Reply   
To all who like to argue, I'm not trying to hype it up. I'm just stating, out of all the bindings I've seen and riden, this is hands down the sickest binding IN MY OPINION. I do feel when it hits the market I won't be the only one with these feelings by a long shot. I'll say it again, when they come out, go to your local dealer and see them for yourself. As far as the baseplate goes, its small, strong, lightweight and very innovative. It's hard to explain, just check it out when it comes out. The binding is going to be a little wilder than most people like, but it does have Shane's name on it. As you can see IMO it's not the only great binding that we are going to offer this year.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-02-2005, 6:39 AM Reply   
holy crap, I just realized something. Nobody has..................GIMMICK!
Old    jhair            08-02-2005, 7:48 AM Reply   
I have a question for the guys who have ridden the new Shane or Watson boots (or even the old Collective Development ones). That snowboard style ankle wrap looks like it would be really comfortable and supportive. It also looks like you'd be pretty much locked in once they were snugged down. Are they actually going to release in a hard fall (like the Transits do)? Has anyone given them the "faceplant test?" :-)
Old    roxy_babe            08-02-2005, 7:51 AM Reply   
i like the minx in pink i want them for on an LF Angel 130! i know Melissa Marquardt uses them!
Old    chavezychavez            08-02-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
Joe - I have ridden CD's for years. After a few painful mistakes, you learn how to appropriately tighten them so that you can release when necessary.

Hopefully the painful mistake does not include a broken or sprained ankle.

Anyhow, enellos, I can respect that.

LF is going to get one hell of a run for their money from the other manufacturers though.
Old    enellos            08-02-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
True, competition is always stiff. Thats good for those of us who just want to see better product. As far as releasing from the Shane's, I do have first hand face plant experience on them sad to say. I did release all the way out. I haven't ridden Shawn's boots yet, but I imagine, that you'll come all the way out of those on a bad fall as well. They will be a little higher and stiffer in the ankle area.
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-02-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
i want me some watsons or something. when do i get to start blowing paychecks again?
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-02-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
Just don't ditch the ultras. I like the fact they cant break and I can just slip them on. These new bindings seem to take forever to put on. A buddy came out with me with some CD's last weekend and it took him like 10 minutes to get them on. + he kept banging the board into my boat. No thanks.

I would not want to come out of any of these new boots because I know if I do it will be with an ankle injury. If you are going to make them like snowboard boots, go all the way and make them so we don't come out of them.