Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    hyp3rl1t3            04-25-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
I wanna try wakeskating this summer. What kind of shoes could work, i dont want to buy wakeskating shoes cuz i wont be doin it that much. I have heard of people drilling holes in old shoes and using those. Does that work alright or am i better off just buying some shoes?? Help me out
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-26-2004, 5:17 AM Reply   
Just and old pair of skate shoes should do fine. I use some of Reefs I found in a thrift store for 2 bucks.
I haven't drilled holes because they're pretty light when wet. But alot of people say the holes help drain water to make them lighter.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-26-2004, 6:10 AM Reply   
Reef Byerly!!! Just got a pair a few weeks ago and can't get them off my feet.
Old    hyp3rl1t3            04-26-2004, 5:10 PM Reply   
Thats the problem, i dont have any old skate shoes that fit. I guess ill try to find a friend with some old ones i could have. Or would some old tennis shoes work also?
Old    lukem            04-26-2004, 7:34 PM Reply   
track shoes with the little spikes work i have heard, but i use 3 thirteens wakeskate shoes, there nice.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-27-2004, 9:57 PM Reply   
Grab an old pair of Vans and go for it.The type of Shoes don't matter,sans heals, etc.

B-
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-28-2004, 6:28 AM Reply   
Indoor soccer shoes work good also. Just drill some holes for drainage.