Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    norcal_99            03-03-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
Which would you consider is harder on the knees and ankles?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-03-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
For me, wakeboarding. But then I ride all-mountain and rarely hit the park. Jumping a wake is a lot harder on my knees and ankles than high speed runs down a black diamond.

For the guys hitting the 70' tables in the park I'd have to say snowboarding.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-03-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
I agree with Bill. For me, snowboarding is about deep powder days back in the trees. There's no impact when your landing is 3 feet of fluff. I'd say Wakeboarding is harder on the body.
Old    snowsurfer420            03-03-2004, 4:05 PM Reply   
landing flat on snow(ICE) is less forgiving than flat water but on powder days it is never an issue
Old    jetpilotrider03            03-03-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
you guys must be lucky to ride a lot of powder...i ride tahoe's premier parks, with some sick stuff, even the 60 footies dont hurt my knees unless i land in hte flats, wakeboarding hurts always almost when you land in the flats...snowboarding can be more forgivin i think
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-03-2004, 8:51 PM Reply   
Landing big hits in the snow is easy on the body.......if you make the downslope! If you come up short or go too far it's gonna hurt.

Riding in Powder is a different story.

For me wakeboarding hurts more cause I overshoot the downslope of the wake more often than I'd like to.
Old    xxplosive            03-04-2004, 6:09 AM Reply   
Only snowboarded for a year or so but it was harder on my knees. Falling sometime twisted my knees which really hurt them. Snow is solid and doesn't let the board rotate to accomidate your body twisting, while water does on the other hand
Old    jetgofish            03-04-2004, 8:37 AM Reply   
Rene, given that I busted up my knee at the Beaver chasing a snow flake in 24 inches of fresh powder I'm going to have to say snowboarding. With a torn miniscus and a possible ruptured ACL, wakeboarding hasn't hurt much, but strappin on the snowboarding and hitting the slopes has just killed the season on the snow....for me SNOWBOARDING is harder on the knees!

Ankles, by far wakin!
Old    warlock00            03-04-2004, 10:11 AM Reply   
wakeboarding is a lot harder on my knees than snowboarding. And Ryan the water did not let my wakeboard twist to accomidate my body twisting when I tore my acl. I maybe a little bias on this though since I have not hurt myself snowboarding yet.