Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-19-2007, 3:56 PM Reply   
I just wanted to give a shout out to SD local Buzz (Mike McClain) for the great job he did detailing the "old" WakeWorld VLX before we sent it back to the factory. He got to my house at 9:00 in the morning and didn't leave until 7:00 and turned down my offer to pay him extra because it turned into such a huge job. It was cool to see all the tricks he had to get dirt out of every crack and crevice in the boat.

If you're in the area and you need your boat or car cleaned up, I highly recommend you give him a call.

The finished product...
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (cwbx993)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-19-2007, 5:21 PM Reply   
wow
id kill to have a boat like that
looks great!
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-19-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
coming from another detailer who knows whats involved in doing quality work... Nice Job!! the boat looks fantastic.
out of pure curiosity, do you know what brand products he was using?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-19-2007, 11:29 PM Reply   
No idea. He had a trailer full of different bottles of stuff. Hopefully, Mike will post here and give you the lowdown.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-20-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
Dave,

Thanks for the props. Man, I needed my Powell vacation after tackling your boat. Whatever body of water you were in, I would stay away! Whew! What a workout. Thanks for the opportunity to spruce it up before the trip back home to Malibu. Now I need to get up and put a good wax on that new Bu! Such a beauty Let's keep it that way. After my Powell trip, mine needs a good detailing. Anyone know a good detailer??

Chris,

I used a huge variety of stuff on the Bu. First of all, there was a VERY heavy film that I was having trouble getting off, even with a couple different compounds. I think it was a combination of maybe pesticides in the water, and a few days in the salt water, then baked on by the hot SoCal heat.

I use mainly products from "Pro" Professional Car Care Products (made by BAF Industries). They have a huge variety of products, and are available at detail supply outlets. I also use Meguiars, and a couple others. As far as boat-specific, I used Premium Boat Polish with PTEF (Teflon) from West Marine. This is a great product, and was suggested to me from several other boat detailers. I also use Meguiars Premium Boat Polish, and Zaino. If you have any other suggestions, please hit me up. Always looking to use the best stuff, and any info I can get from other detailers will only make my final product better.

Thanks again Dave.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-20-2007, 3:18 PM Reply   
Dave,

We say the old Bu out on the Delta last Thursday!
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-20-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
ya i just saw it out on the delta sat
Old     (oldmansteck)      Join Date: May 2002       08-20-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
Buzz when are you going to Powell? We head out this weekend..may need detailer too after our trip.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-20-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
Jeffrey,

Just got back a few days ago. Great trip! Let me know what you need as soon as you get back. Have a blast!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-20-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
Yeah, it's my understanding that Rodrigo Donoso is the new owner. Plus, he's my new best friend because so far he's left the WakeWorld stickers on it! :-) I got some pics of it today and it looks like he's got it weighted down pretty good! Good think I put that nice prop on for him! :-)