Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-11-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
Just thought that I would share this website. Has about 5 cameras at the different marinas around the lake. Don't know if anyone has been to Wahweap lately, but I was just wondering if you have to follow the main channel to go up stream or if it is high enough to cut through.

http://www.nps.gov/glca/photosmultimedia/webcams.htmhttp://www.nps.gov/glca/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm
Old     (hyperlitechick_malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-11-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
If you look at the Wahweap cam, you can see that you still can't cross by Castle Rock, I think Peak Water elevation is normally around July or August at Lake Powell.
Old     (hyperlitechick_malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-11-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
Actually I found a great website for the Lake Levels.

http://www.lakepowellfun.com/water.html

Looks like Castle rock still has at least 13 feet or more to go.

SITE/LAUNCH NAME -Castle Rock Cut-Off
MINIMUM SAFE ELEVATION - 3620.00
ABSOLUTE MINIMUM USABLE ELEVATION - 3612.00
CURRENT LEVEL VS. ABSOLUTE MINIMUM - 12.49 Below
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-12-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
last may the water rose three or four feet in three weeks. It will rise fast.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-12-2007, 11:04 PM Reply   
they should take some tnt over and blow a trench hehehehe
Old     (bummerkit)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-13-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
I wish they would let me dig a big trench then dredge it out and charge for passage. I would call it the castle rock canal.
Old     (oldmansteck)      Join Date: May 2002       04-13-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
I have been thinking this for years...think of how much fuel you waste going the long way around.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-13-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
The wtaer will probably not come up enough this year to flood the castle rock route. So its best you plan on taking the Narrows . Weak snow pack in rockies is going to limit the water level increase this year. I tprobably will not get more than about 3612 at the most. To be safe it needs to be at least about 3618 to be wide enough and deep enough to pass through it.

Go to wayneswords.com and search on the forums there for daily updates on water levels and other stuff related to lake powell. It is a good source of information for Lake Powell.

Have fun.... I will be there in June and Sept.