Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-18-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
Hey Rukus, welcome to the thread. I'm sure you'll be able to find a couple of pulls while you're here, including from me if I'm in town at the time. BTW, do you know where your friend actually lives because all those lakes you listed are quite not close together. Would just like to know where you'll be closest too.

Keep us posted on your arrival dates to SLC.

Josh, great movie that will never disappoint in the quotes department.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-20-2010, 9:03 AM Reply   
Wakeology 2010 boards are in and I should have a couple to demo by this weekend, hit me up if your interested to give em a go!

Also we have a booth at the sports expo this weekend and the south town center, if your in town or close stop by to say HI and get a look of the new gear!

Last edited by downfortheride; 05-20-2010 at 9:10 AM. Reason: Cause David is on Vacation not riding!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-20-2010, 9:46 AM Reply   
Ya speaking of which.... How about this weather! WAAHHOOO! Loving it. *Rolls eyes*
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-20-2010, 9:27 PM Reply   
Exhaust manifold gasket issue has been fixed!! Now to get it out!! Im thinking Monday might be a good time.

Dave you up for a possible Monday outing and surf some?

I had to hold over on my hitch for some training which cut into my time off, so Its a short short time home I head back up Wednesday.
Old     (rideut)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-21-2010, 6:39 AM Reply   
Josh Thanks for adding me to the monday club. Now all we need is the weather to cooperate. Ryan, how was Sunday? I was thinking your insane to think Willard is 60. Unless they are pumping warm water into it that pond cant be much over 50. The air temp in the last month hasn't got any warmer than 60. Its weird There is no wind out here this morning and Utah Lake looks like hell.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-21-2010, 8:14 AM Reply   
Matt ~~ Make the most of it when home, to bad the weather isn't going to work with you.

Mike ~~ I'm thinking we all could use some good weather and water. Powell last weekend was super sick but I didn't have a boat or gear to throw a session on the Epic. I talked to the Marina about trying to get some sessions on the rail park they have, but they said it's closed till the holiday. WTF somebody is willing to pay you money but the answer is no. O but the holiday weekend the rail park will be free all day with thousands of people starting their Powell season.

Here is what I got to stare at while driving the new boat!
Name:  IMG_3030.jpg
Views: 1247
Size:  69.2 KB
Old     (kent_harmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-21-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
Josh~ Powell is lookin sick! So excited for our family trip in july. Congrats on the housboat fella!

But seriously, this week has been nuts! I rode 5 out of the 7 days this last week. If anyone ever ventures up to logan, hit me up if you want a pull. Logan= land of butter. haha
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-21-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
Kent ~~ When is your trip to Powell and what side of the lake are you going to? We are going July 24th - 1st and heading out of Analope Marina (Page, AZ) and have no idea where were going to camp since it will be our first time out of there. We will either have a 02 super air or a 07 B52 throwing a sick wake all week long. Like my post above I will have some Wakeology gear to bring up and session with you guys real soon... Post up some pics on DFTR if your getting that much water time!
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-21-2010, 8:26 PM Reply   
I know the weather is not looking to great but if anyone is willing to brave it count me in I am up for anything my boat or yours. Just let me know I should have my ballast system done in th am and my spare prop on since I found something hidden below eye sight at utah last weekend depth never dropped below 6 foot but my prop says different LOL.
Old     (zedagrizz)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-22-2010, 7:37 AM Reply   
Yep...that photo pretty much sums up out trip to Powell. Good shot.
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-22-2010, 5:44 PM Reply   
yeah our group is scrapping powell. "its to far to drive"... lol
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-22-2010, 7:34 PM Reply   
Its not that bad of a drive how many days were you planning on going for.
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-23-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
thats what I said! lol 4 days.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-23-2010, 9:03 AM Reply   
It would be worth the drive. Were you going to camp there.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-23-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
Anyone want to ride today should not be to bad a little cool but thats what the suits are for. 480-330-1694 give me a call
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-23-2010, 10:38 AM Reply   
Hey David, wish I could ride with you today but I planned on getting a lot of housework done since it was suppose to rain, according to last night's forecast, and I'll be out of town for the next 2 weekends. Need to get this stuff done now so when the weather is consistently warm, won't have to worry about it. Hope you're able to ride today!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-23-2010, 1:10 PM Reply   
The Powell Trip got changed to Starvation Cause A) it's a long drive for me. Hit Pineview last weekend with the truck and boat and was doing 30mph up the back side of trappers coming home and overheating the whole way... I could only imagine what would happen heading to powell going through Price Canyon. B) my father also is pulling a trailer with a Tacoma with a V6... He's still not sure how well the truck is going to pull his trailer an doesn't want to beat the truck. Which, I don't blame him. C) I couldn't get anyone to commit to the Powell trip, now that I moved it to Starvation, I have 8 families commited and planning on going with 9 wave runners which should make for a lot of good times. D) Money is EXTREMELY tight right now so I'm trying to pour 15 yds. of concrete on the side of the house that is WAY more important then taking a powell trip so. Powell got put on hold!

On a side note. Any of you guys that wanna come play up at Starvation June10-14th, we'll be up there all weekend @ Indian Bay! If any of you wanna come up and camp, chill for the day, whatever, come on up!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-23-2010, 1:14 PM Reply   
Well guys I can finally say I have 2 Wakeology 2010 boards that are up for demo. Hit me up when you're going out and see what we can work out to get a session on these. First is the 2010 Sick Transit 140 and the second is the 2010 Stoke 137 The sick is a 3 stage and the stoke is an abrupt 3 stage.
Name:  IMG_3180.JPG
Views: 1211
Size:  26.8 KBName:  IMG_3181.JPG
Views: 1219
Size:  36.8 KB

www.wakeology.com
Attached Images

Old    dhorton            05-23-2010, 2:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by duramat View Post
Exhaust manifold gasket issue has been fixed!! Now to get it out!! Im thinking Monday might be a good time.

Dave you up for a possible Monday outing and surf some?

I had to hold over on my hitch for some training which cut into my time off, so Its a short short time home I head back up Wednesday.
Matt ~ Cant make it this Monday, flying to NM for business.

Josh ~ Nice looking new ride!
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-23-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
Those are very good reasons. I may just come up if we are not working.
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-23-2010, 5:56 PM Reply   
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=10886722
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-23-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
Jason ~~ Starvation is a great place for family and big group trips. Sorry to hear about the truck, hope you get it worked out before the trip.

David ~~ Get your ass back and let's session!

Chris ~~ I'm not surprised at all to see the mussel start south and head to the Northern lakes in no time.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-23-2010, 6:26 PM Reply   
What is up with this weather!? I camped at Willard and heard nothing but rain ALL NIGHT LONG! The wind was terrible unless your kiteboarding and I happened to run into an old coworker tearing it up with his kite as I attempted some fishing with the kids. Dang he made that look easy and catching some air.

Dave no worries, when do you fly back?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-23-2010, 8:06 PM Reply   
Josh, is Wakeology using molds from former shapes from different brands? The only reason I ask is that the Sick Transit looks like the LF PS3 from a couple years ago and the Stoke looks like one of the original shapes from BadAss (don't remember which model exactly). I do like the graphics of the Sick!

Chris, thanks for the link. Don't know why they're saying Sand Hallow is the first Utah Lake since Electric and Red Fleet supposedly had tested positive last year. I can't believe people are being irresponsible about this stuff, this is a serious issue that can screw up your boat badly. Decontaminating your boat doesn't take long and they provide it at most lakes. I actually don't mind doing it since the 140 degree water they use pretty much cleans out the bilge area nicely.

Matt, welcome back. You brought back the cold weather didn't you!!!! LOL
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-23-2010, 8:16 PM Reply   
Shima ~~ I'm not really sure but I will check into it and see if I can get an answer for you...
Old    dhorton            05-23-2010, 8:40 PM Reply   
Matt ~ I fly back from New Mexico late Thursday night. Hopefully I will bring some warm back with me, since you keep bringing the cold
Old     (zedagrizz)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-24-2010, 5:54 PM Reply   
I'm not sure what it is about people not wanting to drive to Powell, but I'm glad everyone is afraid of that LONG ARSE drive because that means less people when we go. Heading down this coming weekend for some nice weather and killer water. Josh is really the only person on this board that seems to relate. )

BTW...have fun at Red Fleet...you know who I'm talking.
Old     (rideut)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-24-2010, 6:14 PM Reply   
I might me a day late and a dollars short on this topic but, has anyone heard about the new Wyoming aquatic invasion species boat decal? Any boat in Wyoming waters has to have one according to the new law. I know what you are all thinking we don't live in Wyoming. But Flaming Gorge spans both Utah and Wyoming. I know Bleyl will find this new sticker a pain. It cost 30 buck for any one not registered in Wyoming. Not a huge amount of money but sounds like its unnecessary. I think Wyoming is cashing in on aquatic muscles at the boaters expense. I'm not sure how a sticker is going to stop them. Here is the web site if any one is interested http//gf.state.wy.us
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-24-2010, 7:07 PM Reply   
Hey Mike,
I got that notice in the mail last week. Just the state's way to collect revenue.

Have a safe trip down to Powell Bleyl, here's wishing a safe trip to you and your family for the weekend.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-24-2010, 8:05 PM Reply   
Bleyl ~~ So your going for the Holiday weekend? We are planning the weekend after to get a little more done on the HB. Have a great trip and like always share some pics, I still can't remember your Bleyl.com or what ever it is you post your Shizzzzz in.

Mike ~~ I got one word for that... FAIL

Mr. Secret spot for M Day ~~ Have a safe trip if you head down and find some of the Epic that we did last year!!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-25-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
Check out this pic, I know we all can't wait for the water ways to turn to a zoo!
Name:  4118710.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  18.3 KB
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-25-2010, 3:15 PM Reply   
Shima ~~ I just got info that they are original shapes, specific to Wakeology.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-25-2010, 7:11 PM Reply   
Willard Bay North Marina about 8:30am. Me, the wife, her sis, her sis's friend. They say (sis and friend) they want to ski, I don't think they're going to last long in a spring suit!! Water temps around 59? Would be an excellent time for some sets and surfing anyone?

801-726-7570
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-25-2010, 8:02 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Josh!

Matt, gotta work otherwise I would have been all over it.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-25-2010, 8:03 PM Reply   
Matt ~~ CRAP! There is no way I can make it by that time, I drop my kids off at school at 8:15. I would be happy to try and make it down but no promises! As long at you will throw out a wake at 23.5, I'm not crazy about surfing since I have only done it once.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-26-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
Common down! Just the wife, her sis and I. I'm out till noon I'll take care of ya!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-27-2010, 5:53 AM Reply   
Josh, sorry it didn't work out! It was perfect, no other boats around and BUTTER EVERYWHERE! Let's try again when I get back
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-27-2010, 8:01 AM Reply   
Matt ~~ You know I would have made it if I could, and after the pic I cry...

Here is a pic of what Matt had to deal with yesterday that I got to miss out on.
Name:  Unnamed.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  17.1 KB
Old    dhorton            05-28-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
Nice looking water, wish I could have been there to share! Maybe next time

Last edited by dhorton; 05-28-2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: I'd rock that epic water on a 96 HL
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-28-2010, 3:28 PM Reply   
Where is everyone headed this weekend?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-29-2010, 9:50 AM Reply   
We are heading to the greatest spot tomorrow. Where the sun will shine and the water will be flat. You can say it's a bit of Epicness! Were heading out early to dsfgfj dfgk sdfjeke djgks adkn l lsdgdgnl dsk nm, see ya there maybe!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-29-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
Alright so... Josh is filling up a plastic pool in the back yard. Let us know how that works out for ya man We're gonna head to Willard, then Pineview, then Utah Lake, Maybe stop by Jordanelle later on. Hope to see you all there
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-29-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
Thanks for telling all the ways to my epic! All I can say is be on the look out for some 2010 Wakeology gear in action. Everybody think good thoughts about flat water in the morning with the SANTE loaded up!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-30-2010, 8:49 AM Reply   
WOOOOT!!! Weather is LOOKING GOOD!!!! Now we just need the water to look at good at the sky right now! Heading up to east canyon if anyone wants to Join! 801-879-4940
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-30-2010, 4:54 PM Reply   
Well all we finally rode a Holiday weekend here in SLC and can't believe the greatness we got. We pulled up to the lake and is was so flat, you could see all the fish coming the the surface for some sun. I started the sessions on the 2010 Wakeology Stoke 137 and can't be more happier with this board. I was kind of worried going back to the abrupt 3 stage again but man this board sends you flying. Hitting the wake and getting the pop is VERY predictable and smooth off the wake. I was doing some of the sickest Indy Shifty's I have even done. TS today I seemed to have crazy control with a lot more height. Now for the big one, Half Cab W2W with almost an Indy grab... I am SO happy with today's sessions and the gear held up better then I thought! Soon you will see me on the 2010 Stoke for sure!!!
David has a ton of pic to go through, but I know there were plenty of good shots to share!

PS, I won the double up contest today with a pretty big Tantrum off #2 wake today!!!

David ~~ Thanks for everything today! One of the funnest times out in a long time!

www.wakeology.com
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-30-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
O the pics are up... Take a look and share a few comments!

http://dftrdownfortheride.ning.com/p...-session-legit

www.wakeology.com
Old    dhorton            05-31-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
Josh ~ Thanks for dragging me out for a holiday session, too bad the lake was so crowded, and we couldn't find any decent water to ride!
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-31-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
David ~~ 1st time in a long time that I got a chance to ride the Holiday weekend. I really though it would be a little more busy but hell you can't complain. Best part of it is everybody rode really good with wake and surf. I can't wait for the next time out and I need to get this Wakeology gear in my board bag.
Name:  DPP_0029Wake.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  84.2 KB
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-01-2010, 10:28 PM Reply   
Here's some pics from Memorial Weekend at Powell.

1. Our campsite in Last Chance Bay
2. Jason Bleyl's broken Byerly Boot on his second set (injured his foot doing it)
3. Jason Bleyl, HS Air on his new Byerly Monarch
4. Mike Capuzzo, enjoying a butter session
5. Dameon Blair, HS Air - Booted!
Attached Images

Last edited by ryan_shima1; 06-01-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Title pics
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-01-2010, 10:40 PM Reply   
More pics from Powell.

1. Me - Indy Half Cab
2. Me - Riding in Last Chance Bay
3. Surf session
4. Hanging around the campfire
5. Me - Memorial morning surf session
Attached Images

Last edited by ryan_shima1; 06-01-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Retitle pics
Old    dhorton            06-02-2010, 7:23 AM Reply   
Nice Pics Ryan! Looks like you guys had a great time down there. I've never shore camped at Powell, but the spot in your first pic looks really nice. Maybe its time to try shore camping at Powell!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-02-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
David, it was a lot of fun but when the wind blows, that little red sand gets everywhere!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-02-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
Powell you and I have a date this weekend...
Old    dhorton            06-02-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
Ryan ~ How many bottles of lighter fluid did you burn through over the weekend?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-02-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
I want to see pics of the famous Shima stick on fire!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-02-2010, 12:01 PM Reply   
David and Josh, I hate to disappoint you both but no lighter fluid this weekend and certainly no stick on fire. I didn't bring any lighter fluid bottles and thus, didn't want to waste boat gas for my fiery fun LOL!
Old     (chbowlby)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-03-2010, 8:55 PM Reply   
Hey guys just got a new board and got layed off from work so just looking for some good riding on a good boat with some good people. hit me up Chase 801 815 8450. Been riding for a few years and now I have the summer free, so if you need a third or an extra guy let me know.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-03-2010, 9:13 PM Reply   
Chase ~~ Welcome to the thread, you shouldn't have a problem finding a pull as long as you offer up plenty of gas money and time to clean the boat when done. Heck we just might be looking for a 3rd for Monday, I will be in Powell and wont know until that morning. Maybe DD will post up if we are still looking for somebody.

Have a great weekend everybody...
Old     (chbowlby)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-04-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
Josh,

Dude sounds good hit me up anytime and I'm more than happy to give some gas money and clean up the boat for a pull. Hope your tearing it up down in Powell.
Old     (broncogeoff)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-05-2010, 10:15 PM Reply   
Greetings Salt Lake City Riders,
I just moved to SLC from the midwest a couple months ago and my fiance and I are looking for people to go riding with. I know nothing about the wake scene in the area but I have heard that it is a good one. Over the next couple of days I will be towing my boat from Michigan to Utah and would love to ride with people to get to know the lakes and meet some people. My boat or yours, it doesn't matter, I'll be a third or take a third. I'll check for replies to this thread and can also be contacted at broncogeoff@gmail.com. Can't wait to get out on the water.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-05-2010, 10:30 PM Reply   
Welcome to the thread Geoff! You shouldn't have any trouble hooking with riders from this thread. Have a save tow out to SLC and stay in touch when you get back to town.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-06-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
Geoff, Welcome as Well! Im just north of Ogden area but theres a couple of spots to go to up this way, Willard Bay (close and easy to me). You'll have no problem blending in here. Safe travels as well
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-06-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
Well another great weekend in Powell... The Houseboat is almost ready and stocked with the regular gear it needs. I'm telling you taking the mattresses out is a joke in 3 of the rooms. We stayed on the lake this time instead of a hotel and it was so damn nice. Plenty of sand and great weather to make the trip good. I think we have one more trip down before the big family outing, were so damn close!
So I finally rode the rails that they have set up at Analope Point, they are so F'n fun and super people running the rope and Winch. I do have to say the winch is a joke and they need to upgrade that bad boy asap. The rails are a lot bigger on the water then they look from the docks. I have some pics up on FB and will work on getting a few on my site of the trip.

Geoff ~~ Welcome to UT, by the looks of it your going to be pretty close to a couple of us here on the thread. I live in West Jordan myself and some dick named David H. is pretty close to me but pays higher tax's living in S. Jordan, LOL! Hope you have a great trip with the boat. We are also starting Monday sessions if you want in the email.
Name:  IMG_3569.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  70.4 KB

Last edited by downfortheride; 06-06-2010 at 8:15 PM. Reason: Monday sessions on...
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-08-2010, 9:29 AM Reply   
Well I finally got a few pics up of the last trip out, check em out at http://dftrdownfortheride.ning.com/p...ke-powell-2010 if interested.

www.wakeology.com
Old     (frozone)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-08-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
New to the site and looking to hook up for some early morning sessions, I live in Sandy so generally would need to be Utah Lake for early morning but other lake options for after work. Looks like there's a Monday morning contingent, I'd love to get more info on that. I'm happy to take my boat (Nautique 226 Team) or ride as a third. I grew up skiing 3-4 times a week in the early A.M. I dawn patrol through the winter on my splitboard and get up early every day to ride the mountain or road bike. So it's time to spread the early morning love to my wake sports.

Interested in connecting with all of the Northern Utah folks but particularly interested in riders down this way towards the Southern end of the Salt Lake Valley.

email at cpexton@hotmail.com, call or text 801-842-3476

I've got 4 kids, a pretty much 9 to 5 job and all the stuff that comes with it. My potential play days are Mon-Sat
Old     (kent_harmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-08-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
That looks sick bro. Ive only heard about the sliders down there, have yet to hit em up. Good work though, lightin those suckas up! haha
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-08-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
Chad ~~ You got mail...

Kent ~~ The rails at Powell are super fun and the staff running them are also super cool. I suggest to plan an hour or so if you head down and give em a try. Also the boards are open if your looking to get down on this end of the valley.

www.wakeology.com
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-09-2010, 6:33 AM Reply   
Hey letting you all know again that we're heading up to Starvation this weekend with the boat through monday is anyone wants to come up for a pull or whatever! Come on up. Be in Indian Bay. *CHEERS*
Old     (broncogeoff)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-09-2010, 5:22 PM Reply   
24.5 hours, 1590 miles and one nasty storm in Nebraska. We made it from MI to UT in two days. Now that the boat is settled in its new garage it's time to go riding. As I said before my fiance and I are happy to take on riders or be a third. I would like to get to know some of the riding areas and some new people in the area. Drop me an email at broncogeoff@gmail.com. Thanks for the welcomes from those that responded.

DFTR-- That would be great if you have an email list; sign me up.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-09-2010, 5:47 PM Reply   
Hey Geoff. What part of UT are ya from?
Old     (broncogeoff)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-10-2010, 8:52 PM Reply   
Jason - I just moved to West Jordan.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-11-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
Geoff ~~ Glad to hear the trip was a success, see ya on the water!

Jason ~~ How was Starvation?
Old    dhorton            06-12-2010, 12:25 PM Reply   
Man this weather sucks ! It did however give me time to install some new bling on my old boat !
Attached Images

Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-12-2010, 3:54 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new racks David, they look sweet! I'm a firm believer that an extra set of racks are a must on a boat.

And I concur, this weather sucks!!!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-12-2010, 6:00 PM Reply   
Ya David! Can't wait to try em out and quit breaking my back reaching for the other racks. 6 boards and 2 surf boards, man that tower will be full!!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-14-2010, 9:32 AM Reply   
Alright now it's time...
Name:  Weather.png
Views: 760
Size:  161.6 KB
Old     (speedy841)      Join Date: May 2010       06-14-2010, 12:57 PM Reply   
Monday, Friday, and Saturday with out rain in one week. WOW I can try out my new prop.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-14-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
Kelly ~~ How do you like your Sky Supreme? Any pic of riding behind it weighted down? If you have some post up on www.downfortheride.com
Old     (speedy841)      Join Date: May 2010       06-14-2010, 1:33 PM Reply   
Josh - Well I have some crappy cell phone pictures of my son out riding behind it. I'm still figuring out all the tricks of the new boat. Coming from years with I/O's inboards are the way to go. I'll try and get some pictures tonight out at Willard and post them up.

As far as the boat, I love it so far. I was looking for something that would carry 12 people and not break the bank. It feels like a really good solid boat so far and the only real problem was I had the wrong prop on it. That is now fixed and I should see a huge improvement tonight.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-14-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
Kelly ~~ Right on, look forward to the pics! Hope you get some crazy nice water. Let me know if your interested in trying out the 2010 Wakeology gear, I have 2 boards that are up for demo.