Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-04-2009, 11:22 PM Reply   
Just wanted to post a fun thread for everyone repin' a cwb!....I'd like to hear 3 things.

1) What CWB setup you have?
2) What you love about it?
3) Have you always ridden a CWB? If no, explain to us why you switched to CWB from your previous setup?

Im stoked to hear what you all have to say cause I love my 08 transcend and interested to see what everyone elses experiences are! Thanks guys and gals!
Old     (skyler_25)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-04-2009, 11:35 PM Reply   
1. I got the 08 transcend platty with the answer bindings.
2. What do you not love about it. the transcend platty is so light. and has so much pop.
3. Before this i always had a hyperlite board. as soon as my tribute started coming apart. I knew it was time for a switch.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       05-05-2009, 12:03 AM Reply   
1)09 transcend plat with 08 zues and 09 marius plat with 09 answer
2) great product love the ride
3) started on cwb tried other companies and always come back
Old     (matt5)      Join Date: May 2007       05-05-2009, 4:40 AM Reply   
1. 07 Transcend and Factions
2. The hinge bindings
3. Started on CWB and stayed
Old    ajmac            05-05-2009, 5:59 AM Reply   
1. 07 Absolute and Zeus
2. Really dig the Hinge, and soft landings
3. Put's my first board (O'brien Oasis) to shame

p.s. Mike, what board do you like better? What are the differences in the way the board feels when you ride?
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-05-2009, 6:25 AM Reply   
1. Riding an 08 Absolute and 08 Zeus
2. Great Customer Service, Love the Hinge, soft landing
3. Started on a Byerly 142 and then went to 07 CWB Pure w/ Vapor Bindings and got hooked. Great board, lots of pop, smooth landings, just a great board all around. Won't look at anything but CWB in the future as well
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-05-2009, 6:29 AM Reply   
1. 08 Ab and 08 CT Shanes
2. Board is super fast with plenty of pop!
3. Road the Parks since it came out and got a chance on the 07 Ab Plt.... SOLD! Not to mention great customer service when my board was shipped to me broken.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-05-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
1-09 Transcend and 08 Watsons
2- Board has good pop and landings plus they are super durable
3-DoubleUp stopped making boards so I had to find a new board that I liked. I started on the 04 absolute then went to the 07-08 Transcend now on the 09.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2009, 7:42 AM Reply   
1) 2009 Platinum Transcend with some top secret CWB prototype boots. (but I usually rock the Factions or Embers) I prefer flexible boots and open toe.
2)It's the right speed and hold for me. The board lands super soft.
3)I started on a Hyperlite Premier in 2000. I was looking for a change, everyone rode Hyperlite at the time, I wanted something different, I demo'd a few new boards in 2003 and ended up on a 2003 Platinum Absolute. It was way lighter and smoother than the Premier. I rode the Absolute, then the Flame in 05, then the Transcend in 07.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-05-2009, 7:43 AM Reply   
1. 07 Marius Platinum with 07 Factions
2. Board is OK, Love the hinge bindings.
3. Road a LF Trip. Switched to CWB because of all the excitement I read about them on here. Don't seem to get much vertical pop with the Marius, but no trouble going to the flats. Might wait to the offseason and pick up an 09 Transcend when the price is cut in half.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-05-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
1.) 08 Marius w/ 08 Zues'
2.) Big Floaty 100% always consistent pop. Great board to learn on. Most fun i've ever had on any shape due to the smooth, but loose feel.
3.) Started on a LF Trip, then Watson, then Shane. I have to disagree with you chaser. Although I share your love of the Trip, the Marius seems to float you straight up way better. I've tried going back to LF or changing out to Ronix, but C-dub just suits me better. Its a love hate thing... Plus the people I've met through the cwb world are sweet (sponsored riders, reps, pros, etc.) Good products, great people.

(Message edited by stoked_32 on May 05, 2009)
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-05-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
1. 09 Transcend Platy with Zeus CT boots
2. I rode the Marius for 3 seasons,and loved it! Wanted to try something different, and grabbed a Transcend Platy. It was the best choice I ever made! The board has great pop with a GOOD kick off the wake. Lands so soft, and is so fun just to edge around, and play on! Not to mention there Customer Service Reps are the best in the industry!
3. I road LF at one point years ago. After trying the Marius I was hooked. Now you find me on anything but a CWB!
Old     (mcclure_kevo)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-05-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
08 soon to be 09 marius cause its out for warranty right now and 08 zues'
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-05-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
1. 07 Transcend Platinum with Factions
2. Its light as he77
3. Rode a Obrien Demented before and I thought I loved it untill I rode this board
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-05-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
1. 09 Transcend w/ 09 Answers
2. It's a blend of the last two boards I rode, the Faction and the Absolute. The thing is quick and pops big & consistent.
3. Used to laugh at CWB's weird shapes and when they came out with the Absolute I started to take notice. Liked the direction they were taking and tried the Absolute in '04. Became friends with the rep and have had zero reason to try anything else. The boards/boots speak for themselves.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-05-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
Been on a cdub since 04.

04 Absolute
05 Absolute
06 Absolute
07 Transcend
08 Transcend
09 Absolute

For me, Cdub is the besttest!!
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-05-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
rode the absolute for two years...nothing special...rode a slingshot last year and i was hooked...now i have a new 09 slingshot set up and its the best i have ever ridden...i progress faster and easier
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-05-2009, 1:13 PM Reply   
^^^^Whats with the hijack....
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-05-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
^^^ welcome to wakeworld j/k

2006 Sol with Mobe bindings
2008 Transcend with 08 Zues

The Support that the company provides is outstanding and have nothing but great things to say about CWB.

Went from the Sol to a Obrien Vision. Tried out a few other boards only to return to the '06 Sol last year and decided to step up this year.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-05-2009, 1:37 PM Reply   
Mike,
Awesome hijack I was getting pretty nauseous hahahaha

09 Sine Launch 138
09 LF Soven's
Old     (jixxxer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-05-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
08 Faction 144
08 Faction bindings
Like em both

Started on the Sol w/Mobe bindings
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-05-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
I have an 06 Absolute Platty, 07 Transcend, and an 08 Marius. I ride a pair of 09 Answers. Going to be riding the Marius and Absolute this summer. Cdub makes a great product and never hesitates to stand behind their gear in the warranty department.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-05-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
06 141 CWB Absolute Platinum

CWB 08 Ltd edition Faction

Just got the Factions this winter and I'm dying to try them out.
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-05-2009, 4:54 PM Reply   
Hijack number 2

CWB seems like a great company with cool pros and great looking products but where they lost my business is with there bindings.

I personally just can't understand how anyone likes them. I demoed some at a wakeboard school and was so excited to try the faction bindings and have never been so disappointed in my life. The foot beds were rock hard and I didn't get that wrapped feeling around my ankles that almost all other companies give.

Also their binding sizing is as broad as the entry level bindings in other companies. I feel like I was in between the medium and large of the faction bindings.

End hijack
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-05-2009, 5:09 PM Reply   
08 Lyman 139
08 Murrays
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-05-2009, 5:26 PM Reply   
Were the factions the only bindings you tried? One thing I've always loved about CWB are their bindings. If factions aren't for you try answers and Zeus's before you make an assumption about all of their bindings
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-05-2009, 8:23 PM Reply   
I can see that everyone is using a broad selection of CWB products and majority are great experiences. Which means that CWB is doing a great job of putting out "rider friendly" products. To the hijacks....post your own thread. Kyle (lfxstar), if you like making yourself feel sick then thats great n all, but to prevent further symptoms, you might want to turn your head when the title says, YOUR CWB!

Aside from the haters, im stoked to hear everyones opinions and loyal fans of C-dub! CWB has a unique shape that grows on you especially after riding it! Have a great time out on the lake peeps, especially those goin' to the CIE Spring Ride this weekend in Cali! Weather is clearing here in nor-cal so finally its summertime! Lets help keep the strong support for CWB goin' cause they deserve it!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-06-2009, 6:32 AM Reply   
08 Faction 144
08 Zeus LTD OTs

The most controllable board I have ever ridden, bindings rock (long live OT!)

Steve Bates came over to my house and the only way I could get him to leave was to start riding C-Dub...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-06-2009, 6:54 AM Reply   
I LOVE the faction boots. I'm one of the few that still like a short cut, flexible, simple open tow boot. Foot bed seems cush to me.

Great thread.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-06-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
Darren...I can't disagree with you more! I have had my feet in a lot of bindings, and the CWB boots have the best foot beds IMO... Not sure what year the boots you tried were, but in 08 they changed the foot beds in the Faction, Zeus, and Answer. The new foot beds are so cush and mold nicely after a few rides.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-06-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
Hey John, I think the Marius changed shaped from 07 to 08. I'm riding the 07.

Also, love the cushy footbeds of my factions too.
Old     (zaneschwenk)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-07-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
Wow it's pretty cool to see all these post on what people are riding from CWB...thanks for keeping an open mind to riding products that are user friendly across the board. Darren/Snowman89 if your testing of CWB was a while ago, please give it another shot, we are constantly improving boards, boots and making the gear easier to use as well as more functional and even better fitting, so all I ask is give us a shot.

To everyone riding CWB, please keep ripping and please keep your comments coming to the factory as we love to hear what you all are experiencing and what your ideas for the "next" product should be!!

Thanks

Zane

Ohh Ok Riding and 09 141 Absoulte Med Zeus
Love it for the softer landings and the consistent pop
First rode a Connelly Stick in 1992-93 been on CWB since as they've been an awesome compnay to work with.
Old     (j_trip_33)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-07-2009, 7:48 AM Reply   
1) 08 Abs Platty w/08 Zeus'
2) Just being honest, the colors first of all, black on black... I love the Zeus CTs, not as big/bulky as most of the CTs out there.. Hinge technology is great, I tried some Ronix Ones and had a heck of a time getting in and out, hinge is so easy.
3) Customer Service, Customer Service, Customer Service. I've broken a few absolute platinums and had new boards in no time. I recently had a cracked baseplate on my binding and I just received a new binding yesterday. I would recommend CWB to anyone in a heartbeat because of their customer service.
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       05-11-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
When I first started out I rode a Hobie and at the time I thought it was the shiznet. It wasn't long before the fellas told me it was time to buy a real wakeboard, for me, that was a CWB Sol 141cm.
I heard how user friendly the board was and that it was about the most bang for the buck in a beginners board. I have gone on to riding other boards but when we have a new rider trying to learn the sport its always the Sol that comes out of the quiver first and that's just one reason why I'll always keep it around. It must be one of the best beginner boards out there. What a great first board!
I have about 15 different boards now, everything from LF,Hyperlite,O'Brien,Ronix,Icon and Krown. I still like to ride the CWB Sol from time to time as it is still fun, forgiving and lets face it, you never ever really get over your first love.
You gotta love the CWB Sol.
Old     (fulltilt429)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-11-2009, 6:07 PM Reply   
1) 09 Transcend w/ 08 Zues havent ridden them yet, but sure they are great. + 07 Marius w/ 07 Factions

2) Loved the unique'ness of the Marius in 06, bought a new one in 07. Webbing on the factions ripped and CWB sent out an overlay stat no ?'s asked. AMAZING customer service at C-Dub.

3) Started on a 99 hyperlite murray foam core, good board cant say anything bad about it.

(Message edited by fulltilt429 on May 11, 2009)
Old     (warwagon)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-11-2009, 9:32 PM Reply   
1. 08' 140 Marius w/ 08' Answers
2. Loose as a goose, fast, little effort for great pop.
3. Have only ridden it for one day but I felt more at home on it over the Response, I still consider myself a beginner, being really used to riding a Trip, this is the perfect upgrade past it! Looser, Faster, MoPop'
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-19-2009, 10:06 PM Reply   
Josh- i also started out on a trip and i loved it, but now that im on a c-dub transcend, i feel like i can predict the board so much better now.....man, there were a good amount of hits on this thread which is awesome! I went to the Off-Axis Railjam this weekend an no joke 90% of the riders were ridin a marius! One of the guys ridin an LF was wonderin what the deal was and felt a little left out (He'll prob be makin the switch to c-dub soon if he got the clue). We all know how great of a company cwb is. I cant get over how amazing my 08 Answers feel, and how much im progressing on my transcend. Dont get me wrong, anyone can progress with any brand. But, i def feel that cwb knows what it takes to make a board that gives you what you want. On top of the boards possessing great performance, cwb also puts out some sick top shapes and graphics. I used to be die hard LF. I was sucked into the bandwagon commercialization of a "cool" brand. But once my great/well-known/greatly respected friend shon garten "enlightened" me on the behind-the-scenes of the industry, riding a "core" brand like c-dub is the only way to go for someone like me. Im so amped to see the future of cwb because it looks really exciting at this point in time.....Also, at the off-axis railjam, i had a chance to meet the Hoffman sisters, billy tonis, jarrod from CIE, spent more time with b-hut, jake weaver, and a few local rippers and it was such a great time bein' able to finally meet them and visit with them. They were all super cool and humble. I hope/know ill be able to chill with them sometime in the future and cant wait.

A lot of people dont realize the support that cwb has and the amazing people backing the company. Nor-Cal isnt swamped with cwb for no reason.