Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-08-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
Anybody on here do these? I had tried several behind the boat and landed one at TSR off the kicker. I can get the rotation everytime but the landing is rough. I have been trying to land it with all 3 handle passes because I can't land TS 3s blind. I usually go out and thow a couple 3s then some 5s then try to nail the seven. Usually slide out on my heels and sometimes I over rotate just enough to catch the nose and end my run. I have watched the book many of times and still can't get it right. Maybe someone here can make it click for me.
Old     (iudell)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-08-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
Hey man, it's Ian. The thing that helped me the most was not cutting too hard. When I first started trying them, I thought I had to rail at the wake to get enough speed, but the handle would always get pulled away from me and sometimes it would yank me off axis. Now I drift in with a little less speed and my hands right at my side, and really focus on taking it up all the way off the wake before pulling the handle (rather than just cutting hard). I also do them on axis, which is a little different cause the rotation starts slower than drifting your feet out behind you. I'm heading to expo next week but hit me up when you're going out next; I'd love to go shred.

cheers,

ian udell
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-11-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
The very first one I did, I over rotated a TS 5 and just got lucky. Took me a few years to figure it out.

The keys that helped me understand it were: 1) Pop, then pull, as on any other spin. 2) Hold your hands in the center of the handle, not near the outside. 3) Keep the handle touching your body as much as possible and pass the handle as you land (landing wrapped is tough on this one and the crow mobe- the pros can keep that to themselves).

Do a few TS 3's and then go straight to the 7, landing the same way that is comfortable for you on the 3.

Hope that helps you.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
Hey Ian what is up man. I just got a sport Nautique so we have been ridding all the time now. I will give you a shout next time we go riddin for sure. I will try your tips out aswell and post the results. Good to hear from you bro.