Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (davey_boy)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-24-2006, 12:18 AM Reply   
Anyone know what's going on at Cassette? I haven't heard anything about them for awhile and, as far as I know, no new decks announced for 2006. Are they going out of business? If so, that would be a real shame.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-26-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
Davey boy, it certainly isn't looking good, is it? But there may be plenty going on we don't know about. One thing for sure is, losing Reed & Hampson is certainly a head scratcher.
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-28-2006, 8:54 PM Reply   
I saw a couple pics of reed hanson(I think) riding an 06 bi-level.....
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-21-2006, 10:38 AM Reply   
Yeah, they went out of business.

They're bi-levels kept on breaking. And the warranty on those boards causeed Cassette to replace them SO much, it put them out, atleast for now. But I doubt they'll be back. Who knows....
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-22-2006, 1:04 PM Reply   
No offense, but definitely not you...
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-22-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
i love you too
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-22-2006, 11:17 PM Reply   
I don't think that Cassette is going out of biz. I too have seen many pics of Reed Hansen riding a bi-level. Theres' obviously been some troubles, but they'll come through for sure.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-23-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
that's just what a guy who works at a board shop told me...
Old     (cwb121)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-27-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
Yes they did go out of business. Thats why all of their team left and went to other teams.
Old     (premierwake136)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-24-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
yeah i heard that the owner didnt want cassette to become a big company
but then his riders got better they came out with new product and other things
it sounded odd to me at first but think how many cassette ads have you seen(i havent seen many)
Old     (kampus96)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-24-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
kevin...owner=thomas horrel...it wasnt that he didnt want cassette to become a big company he coudlnt warranty all his broken boards...he did want new product...first wooden concave...the 4 trac...bi level...personally i dont think there goin out of business...their site is still up..reed hansen is still riding an 06 bi level and he could be on any team he wanted to