Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    danz            04-28-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
I've got a 17ft FourWinns I/O and started to WB behind it last year. I'm new to the sport and its a blast (even though there isn't much wake). I'm wondering if a Tower will make a big difference (or I should try not to turn my boat into something its not). What do ya think?
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-28-2005, 11:03 AM Reply   
I would try adding some weight first, since they can be used in any boat if you decide to buy something different. I added two fat sacs to my Glastron and it did help. Because of the added weight, I am buying a 4 blade SS prop to help my holeshot.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-28-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
Richard is right. A bit of weight, a change of prop, and see how that works first. Then, possibly try a pylon if the boat is putting out a decent wake. A pylon is a lot less expensive, and still gets the job done without punching a dozen holes in your boat.
Old    wickedwake            04-28-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
We have an 84 Cobalt I/O and we have managed to make an awsome wake. We have it weighted down pretty good and we have 700 lbs of lead to go into for this weekend so the wake should only get better. We also put a Monster Tower on it and this will be the first weekend with the tower...we are STOKED! I would definetly put some weight in it though.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-28-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
I would definatly get a tower or pylon if you can afford it. I have seen weighted I/Os' with a serious wake. You don't have to have a WB boat. It is just nice to have one. I have seen Pros get real serious behind runabouts.
Old     (grok)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-28-2005, 2:53 PM Reply   
I've got a 18' Four Winns and just put a Monster Tower on also. The wake's okay but will only get better with weight.
Old     (chevboy171)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-28-2005, 9:51 PM Reply   
Putting a tower on our boat was the single best add-on that we've done to our 89 bayliner. I can't imagine wakeboarding or even skiing without it now that we have it. It still can't compete with a wakeboard boat, mainly because the wake has some chop at the top (see profile pic), but its a helluva lot cheaper and still a blast to ride behind.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-29-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
Jon, that chop on your pic is from the boat not being level. Make sure you have equal amounts of weight on each side. Make people move around if you have too.
Old     (ssg)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-29-2005, 12:44 PM Reply   
Back in the day when towers were over $2000.00 I opted for a pylon....now days with Monster being less than a grand I would definately go for a tower.