Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-09-2012, 7:14 AM Reply   
Im fairly new on the forum. I have been doing a lot of reading, thanks for the great info. I'm putting in a shower on a scorpion 5.7. I'm going to pull the hot water off the sided the block. But for cold water I was wondering if I could T into the raw water before the v-drive. So between the hull and theVdrive, then in the fall I could use that T to winterize the whole drive system. Or should I splice in to the water line right after the raw water pump. I just don't know if shower pump needs pressure to it. Anyone have any thoughts

Thanks
Giddyup
2009 Calabria pro V2
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-09-2012, 8:33 AM Reply   
Here is a write up, i think this guy is pretty knowledgeable, and handsom from what i hear

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1065589943
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-09-2012, 6:01 PM Reply   
Here is a heatercraft install thread I did. Now you have options.Either a complete DIY or a kit install
http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...hower-install/
Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-09-2012, 7:56 PM Reply   
thanks guys, one question, how often to you adjust the temp, im just looking at places to put the mixing valve, if im only adjusting it a few times a summer i will put it in the engine bay, if its every couple of weeks i will put it in the locker, i decide to go in the line after the raw water pump like everyone has done. just looking for places to put the mixing valve. any pro's or con's

thanks
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-10-2012, 5:56 AM Reply   
Temp does not change much.We have one setting that we leave it at
Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-10-2012, 6:27 AM Reply   
Thanks
My girls are looking forward to this,
Thanks again
Old     (Thrall)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-10-2012, 4:50 PM Reply   
I plumbed in the shower on my X2 a little different. Goal was to not cut into any of the big lines like the raw water line.
Pulled the hot water off of a plug in the intake manifold (v drive, back, left wrt the boat, front right wrt to teh engine). This is the 5/8 hose that runs to the heater. Put a valve in the hose just off the intake too so one can turn off the hot water to the heater core if needed.
Pulled the cold water off of the 3/8 line to the shaft seal. Figured it doesn't take much cold water anyway for the shower and the shower is never running when the boat is in gear, so it won't steal cooling water fromthe seal.
Works great.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-10-2012, 6:37 PM Reply   
Mostly use my shower in the spring and fall and only need to adjust it then.