Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       05-18-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
Yet again another stereo help thread...

I'll try to make this as short and swet as I can. we're running 2 JL HD750/1 and 2 JL HD600/4

batteries are 2 Kinetik HC2400s, one in each rear locker. power cable is Stinger HPM 0 Guage with HPM Battery connections into a stinger HPM dis block, with stinger HPM 4 guage into each amp

Both batteries are brand new and rest at 13.1 Volts when fully charged. and we're loosing .03v from the batteries to the amps. ( so fully charged i'm seeing 13.1 at the batteries and 13.07 at the amps)

problem is after 1.5 - 2 hours of playing hard the HD750/1s will start shutting off on heavy bass notes, I was expecting quite a bit more play time then this. the amps are not getting hot, you can still put your hand on them. at the point when they started shutting off the batteries were still at 12.3 volts resting, but when the bass would hit it would draw the batteries down to 10.3 volts...

it seems these batteries should keep up, better than this.... anyone have any opinions?
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-18-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
Assuming the boat is not running, 1.5 to 2 hours is just about right. For some reason we see this with the JL 1000/1 as well, JL mono blocks are power hungry for sure, they suck it right out of the supply.

You are running 2700 watts, so estimated amp draw of about 270 amps (estimated) your batteries contain 220 Ah, so 1 hour at max volume, ~2hrs at "half" volume. These are rough numbers not exact calculations, but you are not all that far off.

I have 4 2400s and 3800 watts and see about 3 to 4 hours if I run the boat and get my alternator on the higher end of it's output every hours or so to allow the amps to cool and recover for a heavy duty cycle.