Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-25-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/brown_trout_details.php?id=4048
Old     (toddjones320)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-25-2008, 8:42 PM Reply   
dude this is amazing rob jaques shreds harder than anyone and knows how to slaysh rails too...slingshot is the originator of style. congrats robby.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-25-2008, 8:50 PM Reply   
Interesting.
who was robby with before? wasn't it the Byerly team?

the board in the pic looks like it has a liquid force water drop emblem it seems
Old     (matteoh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-25-2008, 9:10 PM Reply   
Yea he was with byerly which is crazy to me because byerly is such a new company and with robby j leaving doesn't leave the team with too many hard rippers on the byerly wakeboards. Yea there's Ross G but robby kills on a wakeboards. There's Kyle but doesn't win anything. The byerly team got really hurt.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-25-2008, 9:40 PM Reply   
Robby rips, and makes it look so good in the process. Watching him ride on a slingshot really makes me want to try a flexboard.

Robby, it was gonna get out sooner or later right? haha
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-25-2008, 9:57 PM Reply   
it seems like everything takes about two years for people to really start accepting... i'm just thinking of the introduction of closed toe boots.

a few people were super stoked by closed toe when they first came out and others were completely against them and most had not tried them... mostly because not every company had one yet. about 2 years later, everyone has a closed toe option and it is much more widely accepted

same thing seems to be happinin' with flex.

..maybe i have said this before, but i just think it is kool how it all has/is played/playing out. 4 hole mounting will be next if i play my guesses right
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-25-2008, 10:36 PM Reply   
ouch for byerly boards. people jumping ship within 1 year.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-26-2008, 5:18 AM Reply   
I got an Email last night about Robby changing over to Slingshot. Good for Him, go get that money son!
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-26-2008, 6:57 AM Reply   
Yeah, and it looks like he's not getting very good pop on that flexboard (sarcasm).