Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (wakemb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-03-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
If anyone uses a boat lift what is the best canopy for a boat with a wakeboard tower.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       03-03-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
What type of lift/dock set-up?
Old     (wakemb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-03-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
Shoremaster boat lift.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-03-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
My boat stays 100% dry w/ this roof on it. the rising and setting sun may be an issue in the summer? Upload
Upload
Old     (muffintop)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-03-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
Is that moored at the Kennedy compound? Nice set up. For the rest of us peasants, you can get your choice of ugly canopies to go on top of your lift. They all look about the same, varying in colors, side curtain length, and height, depending on your tower. I hate the high up canopies to accomodate non folded towers. Get the Malibu w/the Illusion and fold it down.
Old     (wakemb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-03-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
Pretty sweet setup. Coming from Manitoba, Canada the boat lift is portable since it has to be moved every winter. If I built that come spring I would have alot of tooth picks. I am looking for one that mounts on the aluminum boat lifts.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       03-03-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
Adam, your setup looks good. When I built my dock 11 years ago, I had never even seen a tower. My lift is right above the boat and the pipe that the cable wraps around runs right down the center, so it limits how high I can lift with the tower up.

It would be quite a project, but I could reconfigure mine so that the tower could go up into the rafters. If you get a chance, could you send me a picture of how the cables and pulleys are rigged?

I need to send you a pic of the PVC uprights I have. They will protect the bow when you fill in the front corners. Thanks
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-03-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
My boat is topped out in the picture by the length of the cable, it still has abotu another 6 inches it could go up. the whole dock from driving pilings to installing the lift (6,000lb) was only 12k.

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-03-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
My boat is topped out in the picture by the length of the cable, it still has abotu another 6 inches it could go up. the whole dock from driving pilings to installing the lift (6,000lb) was only 12k.
Upload
Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-03-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       03-08-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
Adam, thanks for the pics. My lift uses the same hardware but is laid out differently. I now understand how the cable routing works on yours.

Here is the PVC barrier for when you fill in the front corners. This is simple but it works. This is Schedule 40 (heavy duty) 1.5" PVC.
Upload

Here is another good addition to any dock. I mounted the uprights on the outside, so half the bench is out over the edge, and takes up minimal floorspace.
Upload
Old     (bughunter)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-08-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
ShoreMate has special extended canopies for their lifts.
http://www.shoremate.com
Or take a look at the touchless cover at;
http://www.boatdockstuff.com
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-09-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
oh man, try out the Summit Marine lift. Their out of comstock Park Mi. as well, Such a cool setup in terms of the canopy