Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-25-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
finally i got pictures.

I restrung them to make it easier to tighten the toe part. It makes a world of difference. I was surprised they didnt do this for the 04s.

I got the string from WalMart. Its actually "marine string", what ever that is. Its a little thicker than the stock string, so getting the closures on was a be-och. Green wasnt my first choice of color, but is was better than pink.

If you need closures call RV @ Grizzly-Sports or Cathy @ Bellingham Board Sports.

Old    nshon            03-25-2004, 8:35 AM Reply   
Nice job! I'll do the same with mine. Not too sure about green though. :P
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-25-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
they kinda did do that with the 04's. they've got a clinch loop at one point so you can tighten the toe section, and leave it tight, then u can tighten the ankle section separately,
Old    jdpritch89            03-25-2004, 11:41 AM Reply   
The green will look good on my parks bindings with my 03 DNA Premier.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            03-25-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
That was a pretty good idea. Smart.
Old    ezychz111            03-31-2004, 10:12 PM Reply   
I just finished mine up. Thanks for the pics it made it much easier.
Parks2xLace
Parks2xLace2
Parks2xLace3
Parks2xLace4
Parks2xLace5
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-01-2004, 12:21 AM Reply   
jesus, some of those bindings look like killers, why not get a new parks04 overlay, its got a clinch on the toe section, so you can tighten them independantly of the ankle part.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-01-2004, 2:57 AM Reply   
man you guys are lacing your parks bindings up all complicated...here is what I did with my 02's last summer...

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-01-2004, 4:47 AM Reply   
Scott's makes more sense to me, I wouldn't like the lace to cinch around my achilles tendon
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-01-2004, 4:51 AM Reply   
Mine are in the front also. It seems like it would be a lot harder to cinch up in the back. This is the only picture i could find with my laces.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-01-2004, 6:13 AM Reply   
I tighten mine up when I am in the water, so having it on the back makes it alot easier.
I found that you dont maximize tightening without re-routing the string on the front part. The back-most eyelet on the bottom also doesnt need to be first eyelet you go through. It seems to be designed for not letting the string slip through, a locking mechanism of sorts, and impeding any tightening.
With "my design" the last eyelet that gets any pull is the back-most bottom one, acting essentially as a lock. You will also notice they tighten ALOT better on the tip of the toes as well. I tried EVERY string configuration and spent WAAAY too much time on the relacing them.

ALL THIS APPLIES TO 03 PARKS. I cannot comment on the 02s or 04s.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-01-2004, 6:44 AM Reply   
Jeremy: I've heard mixed reviews about the B.A.B.E. (Baby Air Booster Engine). But I would just think it would add to much swing weight to the board.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            04-01-2004, 9:10 AM Reply   
Jeremy, that pic is totally something I would do.

I think you have all done a great job of modifying the binding - truely professional work in most cases. I ride parks bindings as well (both 02 and 03) but have recently changed to a much looser style of wearing them. I mean extremely loose. Its different but here is why I did it: I noticed that the Pro's boards come off pretty easy so I asked why - apparently, they want the board GONE in a crash to avoid one foot in the board and one out. Yes, you are more likely to come out but if both boots are loose and one foot comes out, the twisting motion on the remaining foot still in the boot will extract that foot as well and therefore avoid serious injury. Opinions?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-01-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
Jim. I have started wearing mine looser too. I hated when I crashed and had my foot stuck half in/half out of the binding. Actually screwed my ankle up 2ce with that happening. I am not doing such big tricks that the board is going to come off my feet in mid air. Like the fact that the board is going to come off easier lowering the chances of twisting my joints all out of whack.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-01-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
Jim. I have started wearing mine looser too. I hated when I crashed and had my foot stuck half in/half out of the binding. Actually screwed my ankle up 2ce with that happening. I am not doing such big tricks that the board is going to come off my feet in mid air. Like the fact that the board is going to come off easier lowering the chances of twisting my joints all out of whack.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-01-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
I guess that is good Jim. As long as they don't come off while riding. I would hate to throw an invert or 360 and have one fall off mid trick. Probably the worst thing that can happen to cause a major injury. Sorta pick you poison if you know what I mean. It reminds me of snow skis. Setting the binding release on them.

Though I do hate coming down on a jump in the flats and having my foot shift forward in the bindings. I can never get my foot repositioned where I want it mid set, so I usually have drop to reset. If I wore them real loose I expect that would happen even more. OK I admit I'm a wimp!!! LOLOL
Old    wakeboard_iraq            04-01-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
I wear mine completely loose now days. I wear XL's and have a size 11 foot so its plenty snug without strapping them in. Snug enough that I still have to work some to get my feet out when I'm done so I highly doubt that the board will ever come off during an invert (thats the least of my problems) haha.

I guess I didnt take into consideration the foot size/binding size portion.

Oh, did you see my reply to you on the CL backwater thread? haha
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-01-2004, 12:02 PM Reply   
I agree in a way. All I really want is my foot to stick to the footbed. I leave the ankle part loose. I want all the pressure to be on the heel and toe.

I want to feel "one with the board". That way the board feels like an extension of your body (insert joke here).

If the Option 2 Strap wasnt rubber, I think the bindings would be perfect. It needs to be non-stretch. Imagine NO heel lift.

HEEL LIFT IS WHAT CAUSES BRUISES. imo.

Im probably going back the Wiley's Coyote Traps later on this season. They are, PAN DOWN, the most functional binding out there. Not too appealing to the eye though.