Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-01-2010, 2:28 PM Reply   
Got this today, thought it was wonderful.......think the pastor really would like the rims and tires I selling?

Thanks for the prompt response.. I am ready to buy it now for birthday
gift for pastor and i am at sea at the moment as i am a marine
engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls making and
visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check
this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want it to be
a surprise for my pastor so i wont let him know anything about it
until it gets delivered to him, i am sure he will be more than happy
with it. I insisted on PayPal because i don't have access to my bank
account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my
PayPal, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give
me your PayPal email address and the price so i can make the payments
asap for it and please if you don't have PayPal account yet, it is
very easy to set up, go to www.PayPal.com.us and get it set up, after
you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for
registration with PayPal so as to put the money through. I have a pick
up agent that will come and pick it up after i have made the
payments...

Thanks
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-01-2010, 2:33 PM Reply   
wow... just to be sure.. for anyone reading this, the paypal link is phony, do not sign up with an account using that link. I know it seems pretty obvious but figured I'd mention it. Did you reply? mess with him a bit?
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-01-2010, 3:05 PM Reply   
Here is another one if you are selling stuff on Craigslist. I get one of these per day it seems. Anything requesting you to go to a link is a scam period.

"Hi,

I came across your AD on craigslist and I'm very interested in purchasing your item. Firstly I want to make sure its the similar type that my son is after. I know it's a bit odd for a mom to be looking in the auto part section but It's his birthday coming up and I want to make it a BIG surprise for him. I'm a single mom and obviously know nothing about car parts (lol). So I'm hoping you can help me out. Heres a video I copied from my son's PC. Can you please take a look and confirm its the same type. VID1 (if not work try VID2). I'm willing to pay more than what youre asking for as long it matches the video description and you can reserve it for me.

Cheers!
Jessica."
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-01-2010, 3:09 PM Reply   
I was trying to sell my car and got the same one as you Peter_C like everyday, I just love jerking those people around... I have one guy who wants to give me more than I'm asking and he has shipping arranged.... I honestly think I am like 2 emails from getting him to send me $500 CASH in good faith money.... fingers crossed!
Old     (mcb611)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-01-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
haha nice, scammers are all over craigs list
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-01-2010, 4:19 PM Reply   
They are so damn annoying, are people really stupid enough fall for their crap? I got this one tonight in response to a truck I'm selling. They sent a some what legit looking first email, as soon as I responded I got this one.

Quote:
You don't have to sell this.

I just wanted to let you know that I was selling a few things on CL just like you. I ended up realizing a lot of people get ripped off, its over-all NOT SAFE anymore to meet people from craigslist. A friend of min told me about this website I should look at, and I made about $4000 from it last month... Its great and the has helped me and friends so much. I’m doing better than my current fulltime job and this is just extra money! If you want to try it visit http://stupidspammerslinkremoved

If you need some help getting started let me know.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-01-2010, 4:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I was trying to sell my car and got the same one as you Peter_C like everyday, I just love jerking those people around... I have one guy who wants to give me more than I'm asking and he has shipping arranged.... I honestly think I am like 2 emails from getting him to send me $500 CASH in good faith money.... fingers crossed!
Don't deposit anything you get in your bank account or you will be paying some bounced deposit fees. You can uncross your fingers now. It ain't gonna end up in your favor.

Seriously, if you sell stuff on CL you will get these emails. And they are all scams. If you think you might have a legit buyer that needs something shipped then a USPS MO that you cash at the post office is the only sure thing.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-01-2010, 4:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Don't deposit anything you get in your bank account or you will be paying some bounced deposit fees
I can get mail delivered to my campus completely seperate from my house... I told him I do not have a bank in the area and could only use cash.... if he sends $500 CASH I will "hold" the car for him... I think he thinks I'm stupid enough to actually go for it..... and if the guy actually does send cash..... going straight to the bar.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-01-2010, 4:56 PM Reply   
yeah I've sold a few things over CL and I love getting these emails because I love screwing with these idiots.....amazing how stupid some people can be