Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-06-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
if anybody out there has a malibu wakesetter xti or has been in one how do there wakes compare to the vlx. If the right amount of wieght is in the xti will it have a big wake? also, what do you like and dislike about them. any info will help me out a lot. OH ya do they have a good wakesurf wake
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-06-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
from what i've heard, the xti's are a little difficult to balance from left to right with the seating configuration how it is. it looks like it would make a cool cruising/party boat, but, with the seating how it is, it makes it difficult to move around freely in the boat--so gearing up can be a challenge climbing over legs and cushions. also, if you ski, the pylon is in front of the back seats, so that renders the entire back section (like 6 seats) useless. other than those issues, it seems like i would make a good wakeboarding/cross-over boat as its on the same hull as the vlx
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-06-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
The Xti's can be made to have a great surf and boarding wake.

For Boarding, put as much weight as you can stand... it will be a great wake.

For surfing...I frequently go out on my friends 23Xti. We fill up the stock tanks then we put one big sac in the middle of the rear seats and one big sac on either side of the boat depending on who is riding (regular or goofy footed).

The pylon is in front of the rear seats as Vaalar states however you can always use the rear ski attachment on the stern for pulling skiers. After all if you are really a hard core skier you would probably be looking at the Response. And IMO the seating doesn't make it any more difficult to move around in the boat. about the only thing you lose is the full width sundeck of a v drive.
Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-06-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
What do you think i should do get an 05 wakesetter xti or get an 03 vlx. also how would those wakes compare as far as surf and wakeboard.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-06-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
The VLX will require much less weight and IMO have a better surf and board wake then an XTI.
Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-06-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
but does the xti have the potential to have the wake of a vlx. I would rather have the 05 xti with the illusion tower but if it doesnt have a good wakesurf and wakeboard wake then i am going to get the 03 vlx
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-06-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
No most boats have the capabilty to have a good wake, it just might take alot more extra weight in the boat to get the XTI to perform like the VLX.
Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-06-2006, 7:07 PM Reply   
has anybody wakesurfed behind the malibu wakesetter 21 xti. not the 23 but 21 and how is it do you have to completly feel the entire rear sitting area with weight in order to have a big enough wake??
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-07-2006, 6:43 AM Reply   
I really don't think that the two are comparable in the wakeboarding and surf wakes. I currenlty own a 2003 Wakesetter VLX and my buddy owns a 2004 21 XTI. I have surfed and wakeboarded behind both boats and feel that the 03 Wakesetter VLX has a MUCH better wake. The XTI is hard to get a good balance on and you need ALOT of rear weight to get a decent surf wake. If I were you I would purchase the 2003 Wakesetter VLX.