Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    walt            09-11-2004, 10:10 PM Reply   
How many people have you met and ridden with because of WakeWorld?

I was a little surprised by the wake poll results. 74.5% said that they haven't meet anyone from WW.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-12-2004, 1:04 AM Reply   
I have met 15-20 people either through WW, or through the friends I have met on WW. I think its an awesome way to meet new people.
Some friends and family were leary of me meeting and riding with people off the internet, but so far I have only found great people, sick riding, and a lot of good times. No psycho's, murderers or rapists!!
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       09-12-2004, 6:49 AM Reply   
i have met 3 other riders from ww. we try to ride together pretty often, whenever the schedule permits. everyone i've met has been great.
Old    walt            09-12-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
I've met at least 12 people plus their friends and they have all been good people.Most of My friends don't board so If WW wasn't around I probably wouldn't have anyone to ride with most of the time.
Misty, People think I'm nuts too when I tell them where I meet all My wakeboarding friends.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-12-2004, 9:15 AM Reply   
Walt, I was going to start the same thread. Very surpising!
Old    scorched_ice7            09-12-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
Well I forgot to vote so make it like 75%. There are lots of places where you will only find 1 or maybe 2 boarders in your city, town or in the middle of no where AND are memebers of WW, Ive seen a few people boarding out on the river and got rides from them but they never go on WW or Wakeboarder.com or anything. Not every wakeboarder lives in FL or CA. I for example live in WI and have only found 2 people on WW that live within an hour and I have never ridden with them just because they have never gotten back to me or of conflicts. How many people do you see say they board in the Dakotas, Idaho, Nebraska, Iowa, etc, etc.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-12-2004, 9:59 AM Reply   
I have met many people and I stay in touch with many of them...because of Wakeworld.
Old    walt            09-12-2004, 11:56 AM Reply   
Eric, You have a point but My guess is the majority of WW members are from Ca and Fl.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-12-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
I have met and ridden with easily more than 30 people on WW. Some of them I consider to be some of my best friends. It's funny cause I just spent an entire weekend with people I met here, and we didn't wakeboard.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-12-2004, 9:22 PM Reply   
Walt, I never thought I would have met the people I have thru the internet. My friends and family looked out for me, and I am happy that so far, I have been able to prove the notion that all people you meet off the internet are wierdo's... after all, I am on here looking too!! and the friendships I have made are above and beyond just hanging out on the boat together.

Even though I am now injured with an ACL and MCL tears, and wont be riding until spring, I still get invited on the boat and get included in the fun. Watching everyone ride, and landing new tricks makes it just as awesome. I get to spend a few months perfecting my flag holding technique. Good thing I have a solid crew that will board thru the winter. As soon as I get the ok after surgery, as long as I bring a written note to Scott, he will let me ride again. I can't wait.