Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-15-2012, 10:58 AM Reply   
Proud of my new truck & it looks great with the '09 SAN. This vehicle pulls like a dream w/a 6.2L and 411 hp engine....love it!!
Attached Images

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-15-2012, 11:04 AM Reply   
Nice looking setup...ur SAN looks tiny in comparison to the G23s ive been around lol
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-15-2012, 11:07 AM Reply   
Love the Raptors, congrats! Have several friends who have ditched their diesel F-250's for them and haven't looked back.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-15-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
Nice, I was seriously considering a Raptor for next year until I saw the fuel economy.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       06-15-2012, 4:29 PM Reply   
Awesome boat and truck! Just bought my first F150 (FX4) a couple of months ago and love it! The Raptors are badass...love the stance/width of them. Enjoy!
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-15-2012, 5:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle311 View Post
Nice, I was seriously considering a Raptor for next year until I saw the fuel economy.
Agreed...I heard they may put a ecoboost is the 2013...great power and 22mpg.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vt2e4w
Old    mojo            06-15-2012, 7:52 PM Reply   
i saw a black one and a white one today. the black is very menacing. cool trucks.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-15-2012, 8:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
Agreed...I heard they may put a ecoboost is the 2013...great power and 22mpg.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vt2e4w
Where did you hear that? Like pickle311, I too stopped looking at them after I saw the fuel economy.

To the original poster, sweet truck. Congrats!
Old     (Jape)      Join Date: May 2012       06-15-2012, 9:52 PM Reply   
i just googled it and it seems like it could possibly happen
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-16-2012, 5:55 AM Reply   
You wouldn't have near the power of the 6.2 if the put an ecoboost in it and it definitely wouldn't have the same mileage Being a bigger truck. Has anyone actually got 22mpg out of there's. My parents have one stock and drive straight highway miles and still only get a little over 18. I've got the 6.0 and it's hard to get used to coming from a diesel, but I still get 17mpg towing. I don't like the feeling that my truck is struggling at every hill even though it isn't I guess I miss the heavier axle and torque the most.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-16-2012, 6:13 AM Reply   
They are great looking trucks and so is yours. First crew cab Raptor I have seen. Thought they were only extended for some reason.

Enjoy your new truck and the stares you get when they get passed by a "trophy truck" on the interstate.
Old     (dooski)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-16-2012, 7:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkinsttu View Post
You wouldn't have near the power of the 6.2 if the put an ecoboost in it and it definitely wouldn't have the same mileage Being a bigger truck. Has anyone actually got 22mpg out of there's. My parents have one stock and drive straight highway miles and still only get a little over 18. I've got the 6.0 and it's hard to get used to coming from a diesel, but I still get 17mpg towing. I don't like the feeling that my truck is struggling at every hill even though it isn't I guess I miss the heavier axle and torque the most.
Ecoboost and 6.2 have similar torque but the EB delivers the max torque at a more useable engine speed. The EB is better for towing.

Mileage depends on the package with the EB, mine is right around 20-21MPG on the freeway. A 2 wheel drive super cab with a 3.31 rear end will get better mileage than a 4 x 4 crew with a 3.73 rear end.
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-16-2012, 9:00 AM Reply   
Im getting around 19 on hwy with my FX4 EB 3.73, My dad gets 14-16 hwy with his Raptor. The Raptor puts a smile on my face everytime I take it out and rip around, they are a ton of fun!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-16-2012, 12:59 PM Reply   
Dam it feels good to be gangster... Looking good Kat!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-17-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
SICK truck!!! Congrats! Those things are so sweet, who wouldn't love to have one...with free gas! LOL!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2012, 5:57 AM Reply   
Thanks Everyone for the compliments!

It's getting 15 mpg on the highway and 10 mpg pulling the boat in an area that has lots of hills. It gets better gas mileage towing the boat than my '05 Yukon, so a small victory! Well, that and the fact that it pulls it effortlessly.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-19-2012, 10:42 AM Reply   
Kat - Do not click on this link http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/62raptor800.html
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 12:25 PM Reply   
Congrats on the truck. I got one of the first ones with a 6.2 engine. Ordered it and had to wait a few months at the beginning of 2010. Sickest truck I've ever had, blows my 08 chevy diesel away! Tows my Xstar like nothings even back there.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-19-2012, 1:04 PM Reply   
your 6.2 gasser tows better than your Duramax did?
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2012, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatboypimp View Post
LOL, of course I didn't! ;-) That's a lot of horsepower, right there! Beautiful truck, but ugly warranty to go with it!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-19-2012, 3:02 PM Reply   
Nice rig! They do tow great and are only limited by their suspension.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 3:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
your 6.2 gasser tows better than your Duramax did?
Maybe I shoulda clarified that. Tows about the same, obviously mileage is different. I meant that as a whole, the truck is by far a better vehicle. Meaning versatility, fit and finish, performance, etc.
Old     (Jape)      Join Date: May 2012       06-19-2012, 10:13 PM Reply   
Hey cat, sweet truck you have there. Quick question, do you have any problems with you boat lowering the rear end, I've read a few things about that, and people had to get a special hitch to level it out. Just curious cause I think this truck could be an option for me if they come out with an ecoboost.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2012, 4:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jape View Post
Hey cat, sweet truck you have there. Quick question, do you have any problems with you boat lowering the rear end, I've read a few things about that, and people had to get a special hitch to level it out. Just curious cause I think this truck could be an option for me if they come out with an ecoboost.
Great question 'cause I thought for sure I would need a 3" or 4" drop, but I didn't. As you can see in the pic, it's pretty darn level with just a 2" drop regular hitch.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-20-2012, 8:49 PM Reply   
I just use a normal drop hitch. Not too much sag in mine. No more than any other 1/2 ton anyway.

Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-22-2012, 10:16 AM Reply   
LOL You guys are crazy!! My sisters 2012 raptor tows terrible, worst than a 6.2 escalade. If you go up a 6% incline it down shifts like 3 gears lol so enoying.
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       06-22-2012, 10:42 AM Reply   
did that guy just say enoying ?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-22-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by michridr69 View Post
LOL You guys are crazy!! My sisters 2012 raptor tows terrible, worst than a 6.2 escalade. If you go up a 6% incline it down shifts like 3 gears lol so enoying.
What the heck is ur sister driving a raptor for and what could she be towing??

So ur saying the escalade 6.2 tows like crap? Was looking into getting one.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-22-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNvisible View Post
did that guy just say enoying ?
Looks like he's from the state north of OH...IO
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-22-2012, 6:30 PM Reply   
Perhaps there is a mechanical or operator issue....I have a 30% grade incline leaving my neighborhood and she pulls my SAN w/gear, lead weight, fuel full, etc right up that mini mountain just as smooth as can be. Maybe he meant to say "enjoying"! ;-)

Last edited by wakekat15; 06-22-2012 at 6:30 PM. Reason: ccc
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       06-22-2012, 11:08 PM Reply   
Kat...what lake is that in the background? Nice truck by the way!!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-23-2012, 5:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
Kat...what lake is that in the background? Nice truck by the way!!
Lake Travis outside of Austin, TX. It's still 30' below normal due to the ongoing drought, but a great lake nonetheless. Thanks for the compliment on the truck!
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-23-2012, 7:19 AM Reply   
lol no not enjoying at all. The 6.2 escalade towed alot smother in the city driving, But hwy i just dont like all the downshifting gasers do. but when you drive a diesel everyday you cant really compare to much, prolly should of stayed out of this thread haha.
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
Yeah Kat....that's what I was thinking....Travis. I'm on Medina down in SA...we are 54 feet low with no end in sight. Again, that is by far the nicest Raptor I have seen yet, and like somene commented...the first crew cab Raptor I have seen also. Didn't know they were making a 4 door. Have a safe weekend, Ken
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-23-2012, 4:43 PM Reply   
Great looking truck and boat combo Kat. Enjoy them both!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-24-2012, 6:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Great looking truck and boat combo Kat. Enjoy them both!
Thanks, Robert!! Hope you are having a nice summer of riding!
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-24-2012, 10:56 AM Reply   
Hopefully you won't become another Raptor bent frame victom:

http://www.raptorforumz.com/showthread.php?t=14208
Old     (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-25-2012, 7:44 AM Reply   
Kat, Sick... Sick.... Sick truck. I wish i had one.

This is a prime example of a thread where for some reason people feel the need to post negative stuff about some guys new toy.....I DON'T GET IT!!!!!
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-25-2012, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sppeders View Post
Kat, Sick... Sick.... Sick truck. I wish i had one.

This is a prime example of a thread where for some reason people feel the need to post negative stuff about some guys new toy.....I DON'T GET IT!!!!!
Welcome to the Internet. I haven't seen any comments i consider to be negative and I don't think anyone feels that that Raptor is not a sick truck. its just a discussion on the Raptor. That is what I would want if I was the original poster. WW isn't the best place to find a strokefest
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-25-2012, 1:18 PM Reply   
Lol, McGavin...true that! Not what I was looking for anyway!

Thanks, Steven! I know how well the truck performs pulling my SAN through the hills of Spicewood, TX w/500 lbs of lead + gear + fuel, etc and I'm loving the performance!

All feedback is welcomed, as I definitely wouldn't have known about the bent frame issue. I'm not an off-roader pushing the truck to the limits, but at least know to watch for issues in this area thanks to this thread!
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-25-2012, 2:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakekat15 View Post
Lol, McGavin...true that! Not what I was looking for anyway!

Thanks, Steven! I know how well the truck performs pulling my SAN through the hills of Spicewood, TX w/500 lbs of lead + gear + fuel, etc and I'm loving the performance!

All feedback is welcomed, as I definitely wouldn't have known about the bent frame issue. I'm not an off-roader pushing the truck to the limits, but at least know to watch for issues in this area thanks to this thread!
I wouldn't be all that comfortable owning it without doing the aftermarket upgrades to relocate the bump stops. Seems like cheap insurance - never know what can happen. I do think how Ford handled it is appalling - an obvious design flaw they knew about and it should have been corrected by now.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-25-2012, 2:58 PM Reply   
Yeah, I have heard the bent frame rumblings over on the raptorforumz... Lots of good info over there. This truck is not a trophy truck! If u treat it that way, it will break. But, u can have a very fun time offlroad with it. Having a good relationship with your dealer is very important. They will warrantee these trucks if you break them offload. I've had mine for over 2 years and haven't had an issues.
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-29-2012, 3:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by michridr69 View Post
lol no not enjoying at all. The 6.2 escalade towed alot smother in the city driving, But hwy i just dont like all the downshifting gasers do. but when you drive a diesel everyday you cant really compare to much, prolly should of stayed out of this thread haha.
My escalade towed pretty well, however I kept my Diesel around for heavy towing. I now have an F150 with the Ecoboost, I will say that the Ecoboost engine tows as close to a diesel as I have ever seen out of a gasser. It produces 425 ftlb at 2000 rpm, so mine really does not down shift much. I can cruise at 70 on the highway with my boat without ever going below 5th gear, very rarely coming out of 6th.

I don't know if a gas will ever truly compare to a diesel, but this engine comes as close as possible from any I have driven.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-27-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
I cannot figure out why the ecoboost engine is not available in the Raptor. It's got that nice low end torque curve and the engine overall HP and Torque are not that much different plus the fuel economy is better. What am I missing.
Old     (LD50)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-27-2012, 1:20 PM Reply   
The ecoboost isn't available for several reason. The first of which is that there would be little to no improvement in fuel economy once your figure the fact that this truck run 35" tires and weighs about 300 pounds more that an equivalent non-Raptor F150. The other issue is the steering pump. The ecoboost runs an electric pump and assembly. It wouldn't be up to the specs that this truck is design for and once again the 35" tires. There would be too much development cost to retrofit the ecoboost for what is in reality a low volume truck.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-28-2012, 6:07 AM Reply   
I guess the ecoboost works pretty hard to push a heavy truck along. Add 4 wheel drive and some larger rubber and its going to suck fuel. Ecoboost specs looks great on a light 2 wheel drive truck. I wonder if they will last.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-28-2012, 7:11 AM Reply   
Do any of you run a programmer or chip on your raptor? We have a 2011 Harley edition with a 6" lift and 35's. We only get about 13 mpg on highway without towing the boat. I have been thinking about adding something to try and get a little better when wr tow. I used to use my work truck(2011 dodge 2400 w/cummins) but the bosses recently changed our policy on that due to insurance reasons.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-28-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
i lol'd at the guy saying his raptor tows better than his duarmax......... duramax would get better mileage and tow more easily..... give me a break