Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-25-2009, 7:09 PM Reply   
Do any of you think you will give Mid-America Water sports i-35 a try? It was named Cow-c last year and poorly taken care of. Now boat and RV world own it and plan to fix it up a lot. They are making a better atmosphere and better rails and kickers. It is located off i-35 in Guthrie Oklahoma about 15 minutes from OKC. I'm looking forward to it a lot. Anyone else?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-25-2009, 7:51 PM Reply   
I'm looking forward to you being able to ride at it
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-26-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
I will go if they get rid of the coast guard approved vest rule. I hate swimming to shore in a big bulky vest, thats why we usually go to owc. Hopefully the new park in ohio will allow comp vests.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-26-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
haha. A-dub... I'm afraid of what is in the water around Okc
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-26-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
Sorry man, I read the other day that WakeNation in Cincy will be 100% CGA.

It really is not that bad though. One bad lawsuit can cost enough to shut down a park (even if the insurance pays for most of it). I would rather have a cable park with CGA than no cable park at all.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-26-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
WakeSport Ranch in DFW Texas will be CGA vest only as well, for liability reasons.
Some of the new CGA vest that are out Now are far from big and bulky, check out the new 09 JP Murray CGA, sick vest.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-26-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
Yeah...I just hate the hassle of swimming in those big, bulky, SAVE YOUR LIFE VEST...
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-26-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
CGA vests at a cable park is a retarded rule. They are shallow lakes and tons of people around watching. You are not going to sink to the bottom and not be found.

(Message edited by lfxstar on February 26, 2009)
Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-26-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
Shallow lakes? And I thought you could actually drown in a couple inches of water, of course this is in theory.

It's call protect you @$$ as much as possible from the stupid people. Plus, most likely it is a condition of the insurance carrier they signed with.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-26-2009, 3:29 PM Reply   
Like Kyle P said..... "its better to have to wear a CGA than have no cable park"
Man I would wear 2 CGA's, one over the other if I had to in order to travel less than 18 hours by car to ride a cable.

Having said that it would be annoying but something I could get used to very quickly if need be.
Old     (vinnyp)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-26-2009, 3:33 PM Reply   
there is a way around it... im not saying on here though. someone will do it and get hurt and try to sue me!! just wear a CGA.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-26-2009, 3:54 PM Reply   
Well Kyle our lake at WSR will be 8feet deep, IMO that's deep enough to drown.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-26-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
Isnt OWC about 8 feet in the middle?
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-26-2009, 4:00 PM Reply   
If WSR is going to be only CGA, I need another new vest. I have a Billabong Teeb and love it, so I will look into that new Billabong CGA or the Jetpilot O.G. Jeff, when will WSR open?

I'm sure they won't care if I wear my non-CGA at TXMC, will they?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-26-2009, 4:13 PM Reply   
I must have missed the thread on this new park but I have no idea why someone would name their cable park that has the acronym WSR when your not even on the west coast. Dont get me wrong I am not a territorial person but if something like this has already been so well established within the community for so long why try to use it for something that has no meaning to the original idea?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-26-2009, 4:40 PM Reply   
OWC is deep enough to need special divers to go to the bottom and mess with stuff.... I dont know what depth that is, but I think quite deep
Old     (trae)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-26-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
Its being built adjacent to an existing road race course called Motor Sport Ranch so it probably seemed like an appropriate name. Im sure there are alot of people that have no idea what WSR you are referring to.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-26-2009, 4:55 PM Reply   
"there is a way around it... "
--agreed... but if you cannot figure it out you better wear the CGA vest, and a helmet....even when you're not wakeboarding.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-26-2009, 5:26 PM Reply   
I'm so sick of hearing about COWC. Every time that place has been mentioned on a wakeworld thread, it just gets bashed all to hell. I won't be making a trip out to Oklahoma to ride this cable. I'll stick with trips to OWC and TSR, and I'm still waiting for the day we get ours out in Cali. And I agree with Callen, WSR will always stand for West Side Riders so it should have been named something else.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-26-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
Dang jason whats your problem?
Old     (nautigarrett)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-26-2009, 7:37 PM Reply   
Cgas are a must. I beleive you should wear them no matter what. What you don't take into account is anyone can float in a non Cga vest when they are concious and lungs are full of air... Take those two variables out and the outcome is not good
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-26-2009, 7:45 PM Reply   
His problem is that CoW_C somehow has four threads going....all of them are about the same thing.... a crappy cable that is being redone and will be amazing whenever it opens.

I would guess one thread would be enough to talk about a cable that isn't even open, but OKC kids are on a whole nother level

This current thread:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/673570.html?1235705826
This other one:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/656884.html?1235683417
This other other one:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/667690.html?1234274042
This other other other one:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/669941.html?1234810534

3 of the 4 where started by you Zach Kirby.... why so many?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-26-2009, 8:08 PM Reply   
Thank you. Stick with one thread. And stop bashing the previous owners. They were GREAT PEOPLE, and with out them, you wouldn't even have a cable.
Old     (mike_olson)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-26-2009, 9:48 PM Reply   
I have had the great fortune to work with the individuals that are building the Wake Nation Cable, the Wake Sport Ranch, and the new owners of the Oklahoma Cable. Everyone that lives in these areas should be stoked. These are all excellent people that are serious about operating stellar facilities. I am confident once you visit these parks, you will quickly get over your issues with the CGA vests.
There are several safety issues associated with the Non-CGA vests, most significantly, there is no standard for a Non- CGA vest. I have seen some that provide no more flotation than a heater top. From an operator and insurance stand point, it make no sense to allow these vests. It is just not worth the risk.

Personally, I can't wait to hit these parks this summer!
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-26-2009, 10:07 PM Reply   
Way too many threads about this.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-27-2009, 5:59 AM Reply   
Because im am stoked about the 09 season and i cant wait to ride and this is the only place i can really talk about it. And we have never had a cable park this nice and im really excited. And caleb they may seem like nice people but they did the same thing up in missouri and the older guy who worked there got put in jail for it. Then he gets out of jail along with his son because he went to jail for possession of drugs and they build a cable park and do the same thing and scam boat and rv world. Theres to many HaTeRz on here.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-27-2009, 6:00 AM Reply   
Also on this post i was just going to see how many people would make it out there
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-27-2009, 6:04 AM Reply   
Zach, I'm not even gonna bother arguing with you because you are 13, but Nick, thank you for pointing out that there are always multiple threads for the same cable park. And every thread has people bashing the former COWC so thats my reasoning for my comment. I've never been so I'm only going off of what others that have been there are saying about it. Had people talked about TSR or OWC like that, I would have never flown to both places to ride...
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-27-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
I have a JP Baller vest that has plenty of flotation, not some skinny comp vest. How many drownings have there been at owc where almost everyone wears a non-cga? I thought thats why we sign the release. Your right though, I would rather wear one than not have a cable at all. The new cga vests are less bulky, but I will just be removing SOME of the padding from a cga I already own so I don't have to buy a new one. I will try my WW jersey over the baller and see how long I get away with it:-)
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-22-2009, 1:39 PM Reply   
THE OKC CABLE PARK(MAWI) OPENS WEDNESDAY APRIL 1st!
Whos all going?
Old     (wake_stephen)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-22-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
im defiantly going!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-22-2009, 8:07 PM Reply   
OWC is deep enough to need special divers to go to the bottom and mess with stuff....

I'm pretty sure a regular diver could handle it.:-)
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-22-2009, 8:12 PM Reply   
I think I might make a trip up there, because my moms uncle lives in OKC and we are going to see him in a few weeks. What is the slider setup?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-23-2009, 12:34 AM Reply   
Dude, seriously, let these threads DIE!

We have enough floating around already.

"And caleb they may seem like nice people but they did the same thing up in missouri and the older guy who worked there got put in jail for it. Then he gets out of jail along with his son because he went to jail for possession of drugs and they build a cable park and do the same thing and scam boat and rv world."

There were too many pronouns in there, and not enough descrptive language for me to know what the heck you were talking about. But I have been dealing witht the Trotters since 2005 when I bought a Wakeskate from them, and every experience since then has been amazing. I personally think that they might not have been the best cable owners, but the certainly were decent people who loved what they did. And I really think it's sad that you would so quickly turn on the people who graciously built and let you ride their cable for two years, just to get a chance to suck up to the new ownership. I can't wait for this cable park to open so everyone will shut up about it.

(Message edited by dlwsrider on March 23, 2009)
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-23-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
I Cant wait! They have a 40 foot box out along with a kicker and they are working on alot of stuff and they are making a 100 foot rail then i think they have an A Frame out there. Thats what i have herd.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-23-2009, 7:30 AM Reply   
They said a few months ago that they were going to have 8-10 sliders and kickers out there by the time they open.
Old     (oklahomarider)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-23-2009, 1:03 PM Reply   
Oh i cant wait either! I will try to make out down there. I live in Stillwater
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-24-2009, 7:30 AM Reply   
6 More Days!
Old     (ouwake)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-24-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
I'll be surprised if its open by then Zach. They are still working on the dam today. And I don't think any of the sliders are done yet.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-24-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
Ohh well my friend conner and scotty were up there and they told them that they would open the first.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-25-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
I would'nt be surprised if they did'nt open that date though... I hope they do.
Old     (nautigarrett)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-25-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
Zach. April 1st is out of the question. We are still on schedule for Mid April. Sit tight and you will be the first to know.
Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-25-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
yo does any1 know who the current owner or manager of operations is when it comes to this oklahoma city cable. I am interested in working at this cable. I worked at TSR last summer and I really would like to at least contact the head of operations asap.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-25-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
Garrett Skeen apparently.

Look right above your post, haha.

What all Board Brands are you carrying? I have heard some talk about Ronix?
Old     (ouwake)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-25-2009, 2:57 PM Reply   
yeah they have Ronix, Liquid Force, and I think a few Sling Shot boards for the flex ride on the cable.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-25-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
okay garrett. thanks