Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-28-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
finally this debate can be nearly completely if not fully extinguished

check pg.s 4-5 of the official reports for boating safety here

http://www.nasbla.org/pdf/SCA/2007_4.pdf
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-28-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
also check this... probably many of you have seen the PWC pulling the wakekite, her is the news about it on the wakekite web site
http://wakekite.com/node/202
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-28-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
now riders can get the big air without the expense of a nice big boat and the after market balast bags and extras... sure the wakekite is expensive, but not nearly even half the cost of the stuff mentioned above
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-28-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
FYI...if you havnt seen the vid, mentioned including the PWC pulling the wakekite... it is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB5H8wxkvWg
Old     (flyingtoaster2)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-29-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
Good posts Jeremy; very informative.. You should contact the mfg. and ask for some free gear! I know of the guys that are behind wakekite and they are seriously cool.. they would appreciate your spreading of the information..
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-29-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
... well maybe you can put in a good word for me... i think i would feel a little like a mooch if i asked for free gear, just trying to be informative as you said and hopefully help someone get the info that i would personally like had it been the other way around (me on the receiving end)
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-29-2007, 6:44 PM Reply   
Jeremy, you sure you don't work for these guys?

"now riders can get the big air without the expense of a nice big boat and the after market balast bags and extras... sure the wakekite is expensive, but not nearly even half the cost of the stuff mentioned above"

Marketers would absolutely love you...
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-29-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
Using a kite to get air is kind of cheating IMO. Why not just go parasailing (parascending?) and avoid the water altogether?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-29-2007, 10:34 PM Reply   
no, i don't work for wakekite, (or Slingshot-- I have gotten similar comments from my reviews on their stuff too) I still have not even ridden a wakekite,(no one near my home is demoing them this year that i could find) but i do my research (as you can see) and share it in a nice combined and informative package. I try to make the most informative opinions and with an open mind. (Slingshot boards i have experienced though... i bet a wakekite combined with a slingshot board would give a resultant impact that would cause less wear and tear on your body than that of walking down your neighborhood street.)

However i wouldn't mind finding a job somewhere in the wake industry... after all who on here wouldn't? I don't have any mad wake skills to boast about, but i have my passion for the sport to have pride in. I do know mandarin Chinese at a communicative level (also have passion for the Chinese language and people) and have thought about possibilities of combining the two interests. If anyone has suggestions, let me know. (I realize this is a little off topic, but i thought i'd run with this little tangent)
Old     (ben_dover)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-30-2007, 12:38 AM Reply   
Hi Jeremy - I am currently interviewing for a position based in Taiwan, including travel to China. PM me if you are serious about it