Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old    kvanderg            01-24-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
After doing a basic search and coming up with nothing... I have a few questions about boat wraps...

What are the pros?
What are the cons?
How much do they cost?
How hard are they to install?
How are they installed?
How long do they last?
Does the boat base colour have to be white?
Is there anyone in Western Canada who does wraps?

I am thinking of ordering my 21V in white and getting a wrap for it. I have till Feb 20/06 to make up my mind.

Any help would be much appreciated.

KV
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-24-2006, 1:03 PM Reply   
What in the world is a boat wrap?
Old    kvanderg            01-24-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
It is something you can put on your boat to change the colour, add graphics, etc.

Do a search on the Epic... that is a camo wrap on a white boat. Looks cool.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-24-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
Tons of man hours go into properly wrappng a boat. You have to remove every piece of metal and anything else on the boat. To the best of my knowledge, the wrap craze started here with Wynns boat. It looksgood from far away and it does not handle hitting the dock well.

Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-24-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
i never get tired of looking at that lsv.

i'd love to take it duck hunting at dawn then out for riding after i reach limit!
Old    kvanderg            01-24-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
This one's cool too...

Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-24-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
Kevin,

See Hammerhead Graphics in Calgary (just off Blackfoot Trail of Glenmore). Good guys, the owner has a Supra. I am sure they could handle it, but I think it will be pricey.
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-24-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
Both are badd. I personally like the artic camo better though and it might hold up to hitting the dock, rubbing of boats, and etc. a little better just due to the light colors.

BTW, when are we going to see what the new towers look like on the epics?
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-24-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
two of the ugliest boats on the water.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-24-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
I wonder if they still waterspot?

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-24-2006, 6:52 PM Reply   
artic is SICK!

I like that they are different..
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-25-2006, 12:20 AM Reply   
I want to know more as well!
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-25-2006, 6:06 AM Reply   
The Malibu is blue underneath the wrap. You can't see it since it's sitting still in the water, but the wrap has been scraped off at the nose where it hits the trailer. It's also not wrapped 100% so when on the trailer, the bottom is blue.

If you keep it on a lift and have the money, I'd say go for it. If you trailer the boat every time, it's going to get scraped up fast.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-25-2006, 6:34 AM Reply   
Aren't the guys who did the first boat located in Dallas, TX?
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-25-2006, 6:44 AM Reply   
Adam, you are correct.
Old    kvanderg            01-26-2006, 5:33 AM Reply   
JK,

Thanx for the Calgary lead.

Have you thought about adding Epic to your line up? Looks like a great boat for the hardcore wakeboarder/skater/surfer. If there was Calgary service and prices were to stay reasonable... I could see people buying... I know I would seriously consider it.

Thanx for the info everyone.
Old     (wakespecialty)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-26-2006, 6:25 AM Reply   
skinzautowraps.com no longer messing with auto & marine - They did a Dallas Cowboy Edition Tige for a radio giveaway from the Slalom Shop. Every area has printers and installers that can do this. First come up with your art, then source a quality printer (fastsigns etc..). Any printer worthwhile will have a list of installers for you.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-26-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
Kevin,

No Epic plans at this time, but you seem to have a passion for this type of boat and that is what it takes to sell a new unproven brand (I believed in and sold Malibu in 1990 when it was unknown). Check them out more, you never know where it might lead......