Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (oddos2525)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-20-2010, 4:37 PM Reply   
hey guys, just got my 750 fat sacs in and just wanted to make sure i hook these up right. I took the stock 400's out which have a fill and an empty. The 750's have 3 holes. I'm guessing fill, drain, vent? I want to hook these up to my pump system. Do the quick connects unscrew out of the old 400's and into the 750's and if so do they go drain bottom, fill top, and plug the hole on the top middle of the bag? The boat is an 07 moomba outback v. Thanks.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-20-2010, 4:50 PM Reply   
John,
You are correct. The drain is on the bottom the fill is on the top and the other hole can be filled with the W731 plug fitting.

The W736 fittings on your OEM sac are glued in at the factory. You can get them out with a hair dryer and your two feet. Place the hair dryer near the fitting on the sac for about 5 minutes. Once the black ring on the sac around the fitting is warm put one foot on it and push the fitting over with the other foot. This will pop the fitting loose without unscrewing it thus you will not damage the threads. Let me know if you have anymore questions and good luck.
Thanks,
Spencer
Old     (oddos2525)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-20-2010, 5:43 PM Reply   
Thanks Spencer,
I'll try it tomorrow and let u know.
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-20-2010, 6:53 PM Reply   
I just did this to my mobius lsv. Luckily i didnt have to use a hair dryer, they just screwed right out of the old bags and into the new bags. The only problem was the fill hose is 6- 12 inches too short. The hose reaches but when it starts getting full it starts to pull too much on the fitting for the bag to completely fill.
See what i mean.

Old     (oddos2525)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-20-2010, 7:04 PM Reply   
Brandon what do you need to extend the hoses and how did you do it?
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-20-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
I havent extended the hoses yet. But i know you can get the hose at wakemakers.com

http://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-ballast-parts?p=2

That's the page it's on, however, i'm not sure if the stock system uses the 3/4" line or 1". I'm leaning towards the 3/4.
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-20-2010, 7:10 PM Reply   
It's the 3/4". It says thats whats stock right when you click on it.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-20-2010, 7:23 PM Reply   
I just took a set of vice grips to mine & clamped to the fitting. Then i struck the vice grips to crack the fitting then removed them without damaging the threads. ( I was not worried about reusing them)
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-20-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
The hose for any pre 2009 Moomba is 3/4". We use an 18" to 24" section of hose and the 3/4" barbed union fitting to extend the fill line.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-21-2010, 5:11 AM Reply   
Wow thats a sweet fit. Nice work
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-21-2010, 7:55 AM Reply   
I did the same in my 08 LSV, but instead of buying new hose to extend the fill, I re routed the hose to fill from the front hole...
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-21-2010, 8:55 AM Reply   
Brandon,
That setup looks rad. That thing has to throw an awesome surf wake.
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-21-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
Spencer I haven't really found out yet we got a bunch of rain that washed all kinds of logs and crap into the lake so i'm waiting for that to clear up before I can test it out.
Tailgate, where did you route it from up front? I was thinking of doing that but the only way I could find to do it I would have to cut a hole in the thing that divides the motor from the back compartments.