Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-20-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
I took the BS 180 to the flats, then ollie, then inside out, and now finally I have it 1 wake.

However, I just can't seem to get it two wakes. Don't know what I'm doing wrong, perhaps I'm over rotating (as I tend to turn back towards the boat), or fall forward, or most of the time I just bounce off the water as I land. I also get the occasional perfect landing but without the handle! I've been trying it at lower speed and shorter rope (like 20 mph @ 60 ft), but still the same problem.

I was thinking maybe I should keep doing it 1 wake over and over, taking it higher and farther until it comes naturally. Or maybe I'm doing something completely wrong... Any idea, any tips?
Old     (bhileman)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-24-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
one thing u really have to remember with this trick is to keep the handle in the entire time. When u come off the wake make sure u pop first, pull the handle towards ur butt and slowly bring it around. If you are landing cuffed make sure when u land u are looking at the horizon and the handle is tight to ur lower back. Hope that helps let me know what happens next time u try it.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-24-2007, 9:43 PM Reply   
the most important part of the trick, is dont look back towards the boat wahtever you do.

look behind you at the shore, as in looking away from the boats path, that will keep you from getting pulled over, do this and landing wrapped will fall right into place next
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-24-2007, 11:38 PM Reply   
I agree with Caleb, it takes some getting used to, when landing blind. It is literally a BLIND landing. IMHO, go out on your next set and do 4-8 ollie bs 180's or inside out and focus on looking away from the boat; break that habit of looking at the direction your traveling! Once you break that habit, if everything is how you say, youll start stickin them.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-05-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
Don't know Caleb but having ridden alot with Matt and quite a bit with Brett, they have the keys down here.

My 2 cents: I still pull this trick with both hands after the pop, then I put my lead hand on my lower bootie cheek (almost thigh) while rotating the handle/my wrist up. This is the time for an EASY LONG GRAB.

Whether you land blind/cuffed/wrapped or pass the handle is a personal preference but landing wrapped is cool to see and allows you to continue the grab until you land.

That's my 2 cents but Matt just perfected a sweet long grab on this so these guys I'm sure can help you nail it!
Old     (trevorcurry)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-05-2007, 10:20 AM Reply   
All you guys have great input... so I'm only gonna say one thing. Make sure you don't spin this trick off the wake. Wait untill you're off the wake before you pull the handle.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-24-2009, 9:38 PM Reply   
^^ Yep, first one I tried I ended up way off axis flying backwards with no idea where I was or when I was gonna hit... Not good, don't spin off the wake.