Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (hyperlite134)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-02-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
So yesterday i had a pretty bad fall during my first set of the day and tore a ligament in my knee, might be out for the season..pretty sh*tty, worst april fool's day ever!
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-02-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
That's a bummer, I have been known to get injured on holiday weekends, usually start out the summer with something messed up on Memorial Day Weekend. I hope you heal as fast as you can.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-02-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear that Brittany. Here's to a speedy recovery!
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-02-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
That sucks. I know how you feel. Sorry to hear that. Just had surgery on my collarbone and I'll be out for a bit as well. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy the boat and being out on the water with family and friends. Best wishes and here's to a speedy and full recovery. (Takes a drink of Newcastle)
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-02-2007, 8:05 PM Reply   
Yea, I tore some ligaments in my ankle about 2 weeks before the 4th of july last summer, all i could do was sit, watch and drive the boat it sucked. I was out for a few months but i was able ride (just cut back and forth) for about 3 weeks before we called it quits to the season. I went for my first w2w jump a few weeks ago since my injure and i am back getting more pop than ever. So my injury helped me, its crazy. You should be back better than ever. So keep them hopes ups!
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-02-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
do you have any pics.
Old     (hyperlite134)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-02-2007, 9:58 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, it definetly put a damper on my summer! Hopefully I'll be back riding again soon, until then anyone need a flag girl? Lol
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-02-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
if ur down to ride mclure your welcome to hang with us lol
Old     (jkuzma)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-02-2007, 11:29 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear that pre-season injury's are the worst messed my ankle up preseason and it still bother's me. get well sooon
Old     (hyperlite134)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-04-2007, 5:32 PM Reply   
So seriously who knew how long it takes to get an mri? I got injured on Sunday went to the doctor Monday and today and finally am getting a consult with a orthopedic and can't get an mri until the 30th! Are you freaking kidding me here? I'm in PAIN! Ugh! Sorry just needed to vent a little..
p.s. scott i'll totally take you up on that offer, minus the whole being down to ride part, but i am down to chill and do the flag!
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-04-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
I know how you fell Brittany it took me 3 weeks before i got mine. The only reason I got mine in 3 weeks is because i went through 3 doctors before the third one said that i needed it right away. The first two said that i just sprained it. I asked them how can it be just sprained when it is swollen up as big as my head and black as midnight. They didnt even want to x-ray it to see if it was broken. I got second and third opinions.
Old     (hyperlite134)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-11-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
Ya I just had my third visit and finally got some answers...not ones i wanted to hear though. I have to get surgery on it..completly pissed not only am i laid up for my SPRING BREAK, but i have graduation and wakeboarding season coming up, which i will be sitting out! damn life blows.. in the mean time anyone know of anything to do to pass the days??