Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-27-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
I am really just starting out in this sport and I read a lot of post about boards and binding and am looking for answers? A buddy of mine from a local shop told me to go with the substance and Ultra Bindings. go finless because it will make me a better rider and he said I can progress into the board for years to come. But am I making a mistake. I read about fast and slow, hard and soft landing-what is right? And what makes boards fast or slow and how do the different rocker styles do for me? What are my options?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-27-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
Go demo some boards if you can. you should learn for yourself what is best for you. But yes, the substance is a very nice board.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-27-2005, 1:35 PM Reply   
I guess my real question is what should I be looking for. I mean I just love to be on the water more than anything. I rode a O-brien Rail,CWB Tattoo, and then got on the Substance. I obviously feel the difference but am not sure what is going to be best for me. I mean once I start moving into doing tricks other than wake to wake jumps, then will I be a better judge of things.
Old    ridersrefuge139            09-27-2005, 2:30 PM Reply   
A board that has a 3-stage has more pop than a board with a continuous. continuous has smoother landings for the most part and smoother turns. the bigger the board the more stable it is. 3-stage landings are harder on your knees but you get tons more air.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-27-2005, 2:33 PM Reply   
Thanks Devin. So then what makes a board fast or slow. Everything I read says the Substance has huge pop(aggressive 3-stage) but is slow to the wake.
Old    ridersrefuge139            09-27-2005, 2:45 PM Reply   
its seems fast enough to me, its the design of the tail that makes it faster or slower. its all in the shape of the board. the slowness of the board will not affect your ride, a good board to look into for 2006 is the PS3 by LF, it has a simular shape as a substance with a 3-stage. its also faster with its shape. the landings are much softer than the substance also.
Old    ridersrefuge139            09-27-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
check out this post:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/251085.html?1127387653
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-27-2005, 2:56 PM Reply   
Devin. Thank you for all your help.. I will try to demo one before my season ends but being in Chicago the end is near unfortunately. Thanks again.