Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-23-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
Here is a vid I shot of Mikey K with the gopro camera. Enjoy

Old    surfdad            09-23-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
One half of the carcinogen twins! Hey dtw, next time you see Mikey ask him: "Hey Bri, how did you like your chicken dinner?" :-) and give him our best.

How are you liking the camera?
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-23-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
DIGGING the camera. That footage was really my first time using it the way I want to. I was just rolling footage, not really asking Mikey to do anything for a specific angle....which I would totally do next time and from now on, knowing what the angles look like.

Gonna get some more use out of it tomorrow too!!

Actually, I've been using it quite a bit for other stuff too. Filmed the 2 year old swimming from above & below with it. Also used it for a fun in the sprinkler session recently.

I've definitely got my moneys worth out of that overpriced toy so far.
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-23-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
Cool!
Old     (jon_tollefson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-23-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
Nice Shots. That camera seems like a lot of fun to play around with. Can you give us some more details on the camera?

Nice video also!!
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-23-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
Jonathan, it is the GoPro surf pro camera. www.gopro.com

I also bought the handlebar mounting hardware, which I use to mount the camera to a boom we have that extends to about 6'. I get on the swim step and hold the boom out as far as I want to or as far as I can to get the footage. It is fun to use, and very inexpensive for what you can do with it.
Old     (jon_tollefson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2009, 4:54 AM Reply   
Thanks, I might have to get one of these for myself, now that the water temp is dropping rapidly here in MI. Might have to make it a next year purchase!
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-25-2009, 7:29 AM Reply   
We were just talking about Mike the other day wondering what the heck happened to him. Glad to see he's still out on the water.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-25-2009, 5:38 PM Reply   
Mikey is awesome. Makes a mean linguica & eggs too

Both Mikey and Calibrated are alive and well!
Old    surfdad            09-25-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
Hey dtw, is Calibrated manufacturing again? Mikey's board didn't look like any Cali' shape I was familiar with.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-25-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
Yeah, it is the piscus 51 shape from last year, no graphics, red texallium.

Old    surfdad            09-25-2009, 7:45 PM Reply   
Is Mike A selling again, then? Where can folks buy 'em?
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-26-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
Mike is selling boards right now. Getting ready for a website re-do/re-launch type thing very soon. If anyone wants a Calibrated board, they just need to get in touch with Mike Armstrong right now.... mike@calibratedwakesurfing.com
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-26-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
really nice video