Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-18-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
Haven't ever messed with android before but picked up a used nook tablet and trying to get CM7 loaded on it for my girlfriend to use while travelling. I installed the nook tablet recovery flasher and it says that it successfully flashed (so I assume CWM should be available) but when I try to reboot into recovery it either comes right back up with the stock OS or just goes black.

Any ideas?
thanks!
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-18-2012, 9:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Haven't ever messed with android before but picked up a used nook tablet and trying to get CM7 loaded on it for my girlfriend to use while travelling. I installed the nook tablet recovery flasher and it says that it successfully flashed (so I assume CWM should be available) but when I try to reboot into recovery it either comes right back up with the stock OS or just goes black.

Any ideas?
thanks!
Have you checkout the NOOK Dev forum on XDA Developers? I've used those forums for rooting and flashing all of my Android devices. The Kindle Fire makes a nice little tablet when you remove Amazon's ROM from it...
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-18-2012, 9:14 AM Reply   
ya, XDA isn't much help. kind of a mess over there. I finally got it to boot into CWM (just did the same damn thing over and over and on the 6th try or so it worked). But now after flashing cm7 and rebooting, it just hangs on the Team-B Presents splash screen.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-18-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
I never had any luck with CM on my nook. Ended up just giving up with it.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-18-2012, 7:48 PM Reply   
I gave up on the beta and downloaded the older alpha final - it works!
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-18-2012, 10:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
I gave up on the beta and downloaded the older alpha final - it works!
Wonder what changed? Did you dig thru the changes to see what the difference was?

I remember putting ICS on my old Inspire 4G and there were some early builds that for sure worked a lot better than ones closer to beta "quality"