Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (strev)      Join Date: May 2012       06-10-2012, 5:00 PM Reply   
My brother just picked up a new (to him) boat. It's a 2000 air warrior elite-v, i know its not the best surf boat but its super clean and he got a great deal from a family member.
We ride goofy so i'm trying to get the best wave on that side. The boat has one factory tank and its in the belly, its also got 500lb hard tanks plumbed in each rear locker and it comes with 3 500lb fat sacks.
my biggest question is what to do with the trim tab? i have no idea what to do with it. its manuel so i would like to get it as close to where we are going to need it before i start messing around with it in the water.
thanks for any help in advance. (sorry for the big pics, i don't know how to resize them)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-11-2012, 10:05 AM Reply   
the manual trim tab will not make that much diff at all, they only have about a 1.5" range. Fill the center, put a 350 on top of the hard tank, put another 350 on the port side seat as far back as you can get it, put about 275-300 in bow port side, have all your people ride on the port side, then run about 10.5 - 11.5 and you should get a wave plenty fun for anyone! Your rub rail should be under water when running!
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-11-2012, 10:56 AM Reply   
check out centurioncrew.com, there are a lot of people that can give you there setups.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-11-2012, 11:06 AM Reply   
As much weight as you can fit in the port-rear locker, a big sac on the seat up toward the observer spot and one more in the bow. Trim tab all the way up I think
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-11-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure he said that he rides goofy. I can't help you with weight, but I know they can at www.centurioncrew.com
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-11-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
boat looks brand new
Old     (strev)      Join Date: May 2012       06-11-2012, 2:16 PM Reply   
thanks for the replies... i had a pretty good idea about the weight part, just had no idea about the trim tab. if you guys don't think that on this boat the trim tab will make a whole lot of difference i wont worry about it for now, just try to get the weight dialed in.

thanks doug, this boat has been stored inside its whole life. hopefully my brother can keep it this clean.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       06-11-2012, 4:45 PM Reply   
have the same boat. the regular wake is great, but i had a hard time ever getting a good wake on the goofy side. Id adjust the trim tab all the way down. 500lb bag on top of the hard tank, centurion factory hard tanks were 25 gallons around 200lbs. another 500 behind the drivers seat and the third in the bow. dont fill the center, the more this boat leans the better the wake.

our boat has no factory ballast, for the regular wake i run a 750 in the rear, a 400 under the side bench, and 400 in the bow. makes a really nice wake.
wakeboard wake is good with a 2:1 rear to front ratio. 500's in the rear compartments and 500 in the bow makes a nice wake around 23mph.

you should send a message to bigshow, he used to have this with a trim tab and made some nice waves.

you could add the trim tab, if you are much of a DIY'er its not to hard to install.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-12-2012, 8:47 AM Reply   
Damn that boat looks clean.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-12-2012, 8:01 PM Reply   
this sounds stupid, but i have a new 244 this year, but for some reason i totally dig a clean older boat, i use my boat alot and it gets dirty. when i see a clean boat, especially an older boat, i envy it, and really like the look, its weird, but i almost wish it was mine, anyways, i dig it, love the cleaness and hope you guys work it out. cheers
Old     (strev)      Join Date: May 2012       06-13-2012, 10:28 AM Reply   
hey doug, let me know, we can trade straight up