Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-04-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
i was listening to a song that always reminds me of the lake... and summer is right around the corner, when you get to ride with your family/friends, doesn't matter as long as i'm on a lake i'm happy as can be

i felt like i could smell the lake and bindings getting ready to jump into the lake for a ride...

does anyone ever get this feeling? i guess it just makes me so happy i can distinguish it all so easily

this summer is going to rock, and i guess i kinda need this because it feels so far away (at least i get to start riding in april this year!!!)
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-04-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
i get the feeling of drunk half naked women on my boat sometimes........sometimes
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-04-2007, 9:06 AM Reply   
i have like 20 songs that remind me of that....sound track for the summer....and my room is packed with brand new swag so thats why i can smell the lake lol....
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-04-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
haha ryan... i'm going to check out some new gear at ambush today so i'm psyched about that
Old     (saroberts70)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-04-2007, 10:20 AM Reply   
Brett. That exact same thing happens to me with certain songs. Either I'm getting older or winter is getting longer.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-04-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
every time i turn on my ipod!
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-04-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
agreed! so many songs just remind you of the boat and the lake and summer friends and neoprene, wet towels, lake showers, waking up in boardshorts so you dont have to change in the morning, throwing rocks and your buddies window to wake him up for a 5am sesh, wiping down the boat, GAS FUMES (mmmmmm), rubbing your feet together in front of the heaters when your driving, calling your friend a vagina because he wont try a trick, strapping in all dry then getting pushed in by the guy who just finished his set, telling the driver to wait because your not finished peeing, playing rock the boat when somebody says they are feeling sea-sick, chasing down the boat full of hotties with a rider in tow, throwing the guy who always sleeps in cuz he takes up all the seats when he lays down, rat tails to the engine room or buttocks, mid lake stereo blasting dance parties, sleeping in the boat for the night, dropping sunglasses in the lake and diving in after them. O SUMMER I HEART THEE.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-04-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
right on!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-04-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
Nice ode to summer david shu.
plus:
doing the launch ramp shuffle with the newbies and trying to be patient while they do everything they should have already done before getting in line and laughing when things go wrong...and helping when they seem to be going too wrong....i just want in the water...
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-04-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
I leave on Sat for spring break a full week at the boarding school. An I’m already bring out my music. I want to get on the water so bad. What’s going to be the shocker is after a nice week of fun in the sun. Coming home to Indy and it being cold where we cant ride at all.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-04-2007, 3:02 PM Reply   
Im going to Orlando in 4 days!!!! get to ODUB it up for the first time! Im so excited
Old     (metz213)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-04-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
i get it when i hear songs from vids like.. deltron 3030 and radar love..songs like that
Old     (metz213)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-04-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
also get to ODUB it up for the first time first week of April...cant wait!
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-04-2007, 6:34 PM Reply   
I'm getting that feeling just reading this thread!!!!!
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-04-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
my wakeboard music is the same as my ski music, but there is one song by Xzibit ("Alkaholic??") that definitely reminds me more of summer. I went out and bought new board shorts today. I'm so ready!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-04-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
Ive got my new boardshorts, vest, and board sitting in my room that I have to stare at for 2 more months. This is definately a good time of the year though, so much anticipation and good times to look forward to. Once you take that first set of the year, the countdown has begun....
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-05-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
^ I got the same thing teasing me...
Upload
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-05-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
"Redneck Yacht Club" by Craig Morgan even though it's getting a little old.

Also "Summertime" by the Fresh Prince. It's way old but I still love it when some random radio station plays it 'cause I know that means summer's here.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-05-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
kev and rod im in that boat too. new old omega, new 06 trans, new minx new cadence for the sis, new shane. gawd spring needs to hurry up

Upload
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-05-2007, 1:04 PM Reply   
haha i didn't expect this many people to feel the same way!

its not a benefit that summer break is 80 days away (when i actually get to go wakeboarding a lot!) and i'm wearing my new life jacket as i type this, and i just got a new rope/handle

agghhh i miss the lake (or any water to ride on for that matter)