Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-23-2010, 1:06 PM Reply   
(simply a venting email) So I have been taking on water all summer, figured I would get to it sooner or later and expected that my packing was the problem (I don't store my boat in the water). As you would guess, soon my steering became nearly unusable due to the water seeping into the cable.

Blew out my tower speakers at BUMP and figured I would take care of all my little issues. In order to replace the packing and the steering cable, I have to remove my 5 batteries and custom battery box (which is a pain). I also have to remove all of the stereo components under the dash which causes some of its own problems. Get the steering cable installed....score. Pull out the passenger side subs to get to the amps, but because I have the batteries out I can't troubleshoot the problem. My boat is now in 1000 pieces so I decide to do a water test to adjust the packing. Drive 30 miles to the lake to find out that I can't have standing water in my boat because of some mullosk problem. After 45 minute discussion they let me in so I can test the boat out anyway. Get to the ramp, battery is dead....lol. Rookie move. Get a jump box, still nothing. Adjust the packing on the trailer as best I can and head home, charge battery, determine the starter is toast from all of the water I have been running around with this summer. On the way home, the poorly designed trailer I have decided to drop a coupler (it has happened before really bad design) and I had to rebuild the coupler assembly.

FML........Moral of the story, don't take on water (duh).

Now I have to wait for the backordered starter before I can really adjust the packing before I can trouble shoot the stereo and before I can get back on the water. God knows what will happen next. I hope your weekend went better than mine......thanks for listening lol