Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (jess)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
I am looking to get a new boat this year. I currently have a 2003 X2 = current X1. I am going to test drive a 2008 X2 with the local dealer soon. What is the best weight configuration? I currently put 2500# in my boat so how much weight does the X2 need and where should I put it? I want to make sure I get a good wake for the test drive/ride.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-10-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
what do you want to do. Weight for surfing or wakeboarding?
Old     (jess)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
Wakeboarding for sure. I am not into surfing.
Old     (kampus96)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-10-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
a lot fo weight up front and in the middle.i run no weight in the back.i have 900 in the middle 200 in the aisle and 400 up front.i skate so i like the wake to have a long transition and not quite as steep tho.
Old     (jess)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
Thanks Grant. I heard that about the weight up front, but I definitely want it steep.

I like the wake we have, just looking to get something new. I'd love the x-star but don't want/need anything that big.

For comparison, I rode the x-star with stock ballast in 2003 and wrote it off. Then last year I got to ride it slammed and love it. So I definitely want it big and steep.

(Message edited by jess on October 10, 2007)

(Message edited by jess on October 10, 2007)
Old    akman            10-10-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
Jess, Did you clear that with your boss FREDRICK???

What's the dealio??

Hope all is well, how are the knee's? When are you guys coming back out for a visit and to meet the little guy?

Gramps
Old     (jess)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2007, 1:27 PM Reply   
My boss, what you talking about Gramps?

He's been on me for a while now. It wan't until we were at the dealer last week that it finally dawned on me that with the new closed cooling system there in little to no water in the engine. Which means no need to stop riding in November and start in April. We could ride in the middle of the winter without having to drain the block and rewinterize.

I was sold on the idea right of a new boat immediately.

Knees are slowly recovering, it's been a great year as far as progress.
Old    akman            10-10-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
Now I see the method to your madness!

Sticking with the dark side I see (MC) you know deep down you want to jump ship.

Tell Fredrick hello and hope you guys can come out soon, you guys are always welcome to stay at "Casa de Gramps"
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-10-2007, 1:44 PM Reply   
I have 550 up front, 600 on each rear compartments plus the factory and it is great.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-10-2007, 1:46 PM Reply   
I would be curious to see pictures of wakes from sacked out X2's . . . '06 and newer.
Old    willytown12            10-10-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
06 X2 for sale in Classifieds...48.9

Stock ballast, 2 500's in the back and a 400 lbs tube sac in bow. I believe we had 4 or 5 ppl out that night.

Upload
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
What up Gramps. Will def. have to try to work in a stay at the Casa, heck I haven't even seen the new and improved version. Say hi to Mrs. Gramps and little K. Just checked out the latest updates on the blog, little guy is looking good.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2007, 4:47 PM Reply   
All right, you X2 folks -- if Jess is going to be able to talk me into one of these pickle fork boats she is going to need to get this weighting thing just right. We both really like the wake behind our current X2/X1/205v, and I am leaning heavily in that direction again. Yes, interior may be a bit small compared to these new things, but the wake is where it's at...IMO

We have test ridden the current X2 before, but weren't convinced. Could be because we didn't weight it right, but here is how:

-stock ballast
+full size sac in the walkway (~400 lbs)
+one fatbuddy in each rear locker (2x ~350 lbs)
+two side sacks on the floor (2x ~250 lbs)
+a 100 pounder on the passenger side to balance.

So about 1700 pounds on top of stock. Is there a better way to do it? Just how much more does the X2 need?

Gracias.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-10-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
willytowns looks pretty nice to me-alot like mine
Old     (jammerwakestl)      Join Date: May 2007       10-11-2007, 5:08 AM Reply   
wakeboardSTL just added the fly high additional system to our x-2, plus 400lbs of extra lead to the nose. the fly high is sweet it plumbs into your stock pumps. mine is an 06, 07 and up i believe, will need the pump timers reset. get the x-2 with the fly high, be done with it
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-11-2007, 6:38 AM Reply   
fbroen, jess,
I call dibs on your lead sacs if you don't need them! Also, you may want to contact jpminter about your current X-2. He's mentioned on many occasions how much he loves that boat, and I've talked yours up a bit, as far as how clean it is.

Oh, and Frederick? I head a rumor that the '08 X-2 comes w/ a TS 3 stock...