Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (calaman)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-01-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
The location is near Victoria Slough - but what is this community called? I want a vaca house and can't afford the full on disco bay house. Please help. BTW, I liked the "no power turn" sign.

Upload
Old     (calaman)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-01-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-01-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
That is what is known as "water through the front door property".
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-02-2007, 12:36 PM Reply   
looks like kings island to me... its off old river right??
a friend of mine has grandparents who have had a place there for years. as peter said there has been water through the front door but it doesn't happen very often. I also know you can't "live" there full time its just a weekend/week at a time kinda place. this part I'm not 100% sure of but I believe the way the land works is you lease the land and pay yearly for "x" ammount of what the land is worth not the lodging on it because your not allowed to own the property. now with that said that's all based on the fact that I identified the pictures correctly and that is infact kings island off of old river. hope that was some help
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       08-02-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
There is several "Owners" and the rest are leasing the property. I know a few people that have places, where is David when you need him I think he is the one that put up the sign in the picture.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-02-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
Yeah thats king island. Thats my place on the corner with the sign, It doesn't work but I feel better that I'm trying to rid the world of power turners.

Basically there are some owners and there are some renters. Owners paid for a part of the island up front and the renters are on a year to year lease. You can live there year round if you wanted but there is no road access, boat in only.

There are some places for sale which you pay a price for the trailer and or whatever else is on the property plus the right to lease the land. Prices vary a lot depending on how developed the lot is. It's a great place we've been out there for a long time. If you're ever out on the weekend and see us out there stop by and say HI!. I have a green and tan prostar 205.