Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-24-2003, 4:52 AM Reply   
Anyone have this boat and can tell me about how they are weighting it? Also I wanted to verify this boat has the same hull as the Super Sport and Super Air? I'm going to demo one on Wednesday. Any other pros or cons would be appreciated too.
Old     (vortech347)      Join Date: Aug 2000       03-24-2003, 8:34 AM Reply   
Same hull. I have a 99 and I put a 550 in the trunk on top of the factory ballast. I have a 600 locker sac in the locker and with 4 people the wake is steep, knee high and clean above 19mph. The Sport/Air Nautiques are one of the best all around boats you can buy.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-24-2003, 9:17 AM Reply   
Thanks Greg, you boat looks sweet! I'll let you know how I make out.
Old     (vortech347)      Join Date: Aug 2000       03-24-2003, 6:52 PM Reply   
Cool, thanks for the compliment. That pic is a little old as she has Flight clips now.

Is that you doing a backroll at age 44? Awesome, gives me incentive to get my 34 year old butt in gear and learn how to ride.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-25-2003, 5:01 AM Reply   
Thanks! It's my one and only invert, I'm hoping to add a tantrum this year with the new wake though!
Old    gotpwr            03-25-2003, 10:14 AM Reply   
Mike, if you are going from a Rinker 232 to a Sport Nautique, you will be in heaven. I have a 2000 Air Nautique which is the same as a Sport Nautique and my friend has a Rinker 232. I've wakeboarded behind my friends Rinker and I couldn't believe how small the wake was for a 23 foot boat. Also the shape of the wake doesn't even compare to the Nautique. As far as ballast in the Nautique, I've just been using the stock ballast system for the past three years, and just started playing around with a 700lb sac between the engine and rear seat at the end of last summer.
Old    oldschool            03-25-2003, 11:03 AM Reply   
Mike, we'll hook that boat up right!! I didn't realize it was like a SAN.
Old    oldschool            03-25-2003, 11:04 AM Reply   
Oh wait, guess that means no more swim platform starts??

By the way, I got a teak deck for my Launch. It should be in by April 9th.

I am stoked for you that you are getting such a sweet ride!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-25-2003, 2:07 PM Reply   
2000 Air Nautique has the same hull as a Sport Nautique?
Old    patrick_adams            03-25-2003, 2:35 PM Reply   
Yes, Joe. They are the same boat.
Old    gotpwr            03-25-2003, 6:33 PM Reply   
An Air Nautique is simply a Sport Nautique with a tower, ballast, and "Air" graphics just like a Super Air Nautique is just a Nautique Super Sport with the above options. My cert plate actually says "Sport Nautique" as the model. I would bet that SAN's say "Super Sport" on their cert plates. Here are a couple of pics.
Outside
Side
Cert Plate
Cert Plate
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-26-2003, 5:24 AM Reply   
Don, sweet looking boat! I've been able to get a decent wake out of the Rinker, but it requires a lot of weight. There is definitely no comparison between it and the Super Sports I've ridden behind. The Rinker is such a nice comfortable all around boat for lounging and hanging out in though, I am going to miss it.

Craig, yes, we will miss the swim platform starts. Congrats on the teak platform. I think the boat I'm looking at has a teak platform too! I'm heading out to demo it today around 2 so I'll let you know what happens.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-27-2003, 6:46 AM Reply   
Well, I bought it! I was a bit nervous about it at first cause putting it next to the Rinker it looks so small and driving it is totaly different. I have to say, Tim Huston at Huston motors in Lake Wales was great. Took me out for the demo, we both boarded behind it so I could get a feel for the wake and driving it with ballast and pulling a rider. It was sweet. It had the stock cruise which didn't seem to work, nor did the speedometer so he's upgrading me to Perfect Pass digital pro. The ballast pump was acting strange too so he's replacing that and also installing the factory flush kit. We got him to throw in a Flight Control Tower too (it had an extended pylon). On top of that they are going to get everything done and deliver the boat to my house (saves me a 2 hour drive) so I'm pretty excited. After I got home I found some paperwork from the original owner. It seems the boat was sold new for the first time only a year ago. It only has 63 hours on the meter. There also seems to be another 2 years left on the PCM engine warranty that I can transfer so I am real happy about that.

Dan or Gregg, does the ballast drain out through the inlet fitting as well?

PS, the boat also has a barefoot boom. I may have to try that!
Old    oldschool            03-27-2003, 7:33 AM Reply   
DUDE! When do you get it? I got your message last night, but when I got home from class it was pretty late. What ballast does it have, just the rear? What color is it? What is the length, 20'? How do you think it will handle some of the waves around here? The only thing I would worry about is that channel headed to Shell Island.
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       03-27-2003, 7:55 AM Reply   
Congrats Mike!!!
You'll have to let me know the next time
you come to Tarpon so I can check it out!

What? No pics ??
Whats with these new boat owners with
no camera whatsoever!!!???

You and Brad Lowe need to go in halfs on a disposable camera. hahahahha~!
Old    gotpwr            03-27-2003, 8:21 AM Reply   
Congrats Mike, you will love it! The ballast drains out through the inlet on the bottom of the hull. It's right below the front of the engine. My empty pump went out on mine and I had it replaced under warranty. I think it might have been left on and just burned itself out. Since I had it replaced, I haven't had any problems. With the tower and the Perfect Pass your boat will be setup just like mine. That's awesome that it came with a barefoot boom! One of my goals this summer is to learn how to barefoot.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-27-2003, 9:59 AM Reply   
Thanks guys!

Craig, not sure yet. They're checking on availability of the tower. The other stuff should be in today or tomorrow. Yep, just the rear tanks, we'll work on the front later! Color is a teal green, 21'. That's the only thing I'm worried about is going out in the intercoastal. It's pretty low in the water. I may have to start going to Tarpon! Sandy, I'll let you know! I'll post some pics after I get it with the tower.

Dan, thanks for the info. You're welcome to come on down and barefoot here!
Old    oldschool            03-27-2003, 10:21 AM Reply   
It won't sit as low as Bruce's, and his isn't that bad, just have to be careful with the bigger wakes.

So I guess you won't have it for this weekend. Are you going to ride with us on Saturday morning? Don't become a Correct Craft snob buddy! I know the Supra isn't as high quality, but it works! :-)
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-27-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
Yea, I'm up for Saturday. What's the schedule?
Old    oldschool            03-27-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
If it does not freakin' rain the 2nd weekend in a row I am hoping to be at the ramp around 9-9:30am on Saturday.
Old     (vortech347)      Join Date: Aug 2000       03-28-2003, 5:17 AM Reply   
Mike, congrats. Yes the ballast fills and drains from the same hole in the bottom. If you leave the valves open and turn off the pump the tanks will gravity drain when your not moving. I just close the petcock on the inlet once the tanks are full. That way I can turn the pump off and the tanks stay full till we're ready to call it a day.

Nautiques are pretty good about not taking water over the bow. That straight bow may not look as sleek as some other boats but it's like that for a reason.

Check to see if your dealer can get your tower powder coated to color match the boat. It would be worth the extra cash if they can.

Congrats again,

Greg
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-28-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
Thanks Greg, I have a powder coating source I may use but I want to see what it looks like first.

Craig, weather report I heard said clear till Sunday afternoon so should be good tomorrow. I'll give you a call tonight to confirm time.