Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-09-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
Attention all riders!!!!! We are currently setting up an INT for Southern Calif next season. Those not familiar with INT- we offer comps with divisions based on age/ ability. Very fun, and a great way to ride behind sick boats, meet some new friends and have a great day at the lake. Check it out at
intleague.com

Post here- show your interested!!!!!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-09-2004, 7:01 PM Reply   
Hi Jeff, we are very interested. We were involved in the So Cal INT before. Where are you going to hold the comps!! this is great, good job!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-09-2004, 7:10 PM Reply   
i would be interested if it were in louisiana.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-09-2004, 7:18 PM Reply   
wouldn't the problem be finding adequate venues? i can think of a few places...irvine lake, canyon lake and mission bay. as for the rest, such as elsinore, san vicente, etc., wouldn't they be too rough to hold comps?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-09-2004, 7:26 PM Reply   
Canyon Lake is already spoken for !
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
I've got Irvine Lake lined up- Elsinore Channel is another. Mission Bay, Marine Stadium, are other possibilities. I also have access to a few tourny lakes by Bakersfield. Think people will commute there?
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
We'd stay out of Canyon ALke territory- Although thier riders are welcome at our tourny's
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-11-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
I know I wouldn't like to drive to Bakersfield if I didn't have to.

(Message edited by wakestar8878 on August 11, 2004)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-11-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
I think riders will show near Bakos. I mean there is a whole contingent of wakeworlders from Fresno/Bakos/Visalia. Sounds great, keep us all informed.
Old     (mike_d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-11-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
people will drive, my parents ran the old so cal INT and we had events up there that had 100 riders at them. INT kicked butt and I am glad to see that it is going to be back I wanted to start it up again this year but did not have the time to even think about it. I'll be there and you will have support form all of the local boat dealers for sure.
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-12-2004, 6:50 AM Reply   
Hey mike- I was hoping for support from you guys! I've spoke with your mom many times over the last few years about reviving INT. Pass on the word- i'm sure i'll be contacting here soon
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-12-2004, 7:47 AM Reply   
You say Canyon Lake territory like it's some sort gang turf. Not true by any means. CLWC has a great club there, and throws some great events, everyone is invited.

BTW if you can get Paradise Lakes in Bakersfield, that would be awesome. I do hear, though, they are doing their best to keep wakeboarding out of there.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-12-2004, 8:22 AM Reply   
Come to the INT Nationals there this October and check it out. I think Monday is the Coordinator's meeting.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-12-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
Mike D, can you give us any info on the Lake Elsinore Channel? I'm hearing different stories about it filling up, still to shallow/narrow, unable to secure insurance, etc.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-12-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
There is already a central and northern ca int. in fact california is the only state to have two int groups going on. most of the central int events are held in and around the fresno area.
I think it would be a bit redundant if socal had comps in bakersfield seeing that it is only an hour and a half from fresno.
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-12-2004, 9:17 AM Reply   
I've competed with Cen Cal for four years. Of course Calif has two tours... We have about 500 miles of state! I drive close to 300 miles EACH WAY to compete. How many tournaments are there in So Cal? Let's see... Canyon Lake series and.......
Drawing a blank here....... There is more than enough interest in So Cal for many events. I appreciate you're view Matt, but I disagree. Absolutely no redundancy. Have you drove to Cen Cal for an event?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-12-2004, 9:32 AM Reply   
Spring Valley Lake Wakeboard Club (Spring Valley Lake, Victorville) 6 comps/year.

SoCal events (Fiesta Island, San Diego) 3 comps/year.

Castaic Boat & Ski Club (Lower Castaic Lake) 2 comps/year.

Irvine Lake would be a great place for a local series, used to ride there back in the day. It would be best to work the schedule out with the other organizations. I know we have to work out our (CLWC) schedule with our local Ski Club, and get permits almost a year in advance. We try to let the other organizers know soon as our schedule gets approved by our city.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on August 12, 2004)
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-12-2004, 11:53 AM Reply   
Bakersfield would be a great place to hold comps. Living here, and seeing all the activity going on everywhere else but here, sucks!! No matter where you go to compete, its at least 2 hours each way. More power to you if you could hold them here, you would have plenty of riders that would make it. www.westsidewakeboard.com
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-12-2004, 2:11 PM Reply   
INT Nationalls are at Ski West- Bakersfield area... We absolutely WILL have contests VERY close to Bakersfield..... See ya there
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-12-2004, 2:11 PM Reply   
INT Nationalls are at Ski West- Bakersfield area... We absolutely WILL have contests VERY close to Bakersfield..... See ya there
Old     (mike_d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-13-2004, 4:14 PM Reply   
Jeff the channel is done for now unless we get some water in there this winter. It is only about 4ft deep right now but there is a pipe line going in to temecula to fill it up so who knows by next year. Im sure that myself and my mom will be there if you have events next year it was always a blast. what about doing somthing out at vail lake?? or even marine stadium in long beach.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-13-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
Thanks, Mike! The Channel rocks, the city doesn't realize any of the potential of that place, could be a full on water sports complex. They need to work with the U.S.Army engineer corps to dredge, and make a nice bank, maybe bring in some sand, or work out an irrigation system for grass. I bought a lotto ticket

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on August 13, 2004)
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-14-2004, 7:22 AM Reply   
I agree- the channel has loads of potential! I've heard of a few plans for not only the channel, but the whole lake! Hopefully we'll have a wet winter or some other source of water and have some events there