Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (fbi)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-26-2006, 11:22 PM Reply   
Did anyone go? I haven't heard a word about it on the Internet.
Old     (outbackls)      Join Date: May 2004       02-27-2006, 6:18 AM Reply   
We went. Did you also go? We did'nt take any pictures because we were not considering a new boat this year since we bought a new boat last year. My impression of the new boats (by manufacturer) is as follows.

Supra - great boats top to bottom & great prices
Malibu - power wedge is cool & the new 247...huge
Moomba - really closing the gap with the new LSV
Master Craft - starting to like the graphics
Correct Craft - same old same old & expensive
Centurion - don't like their walk thru
Gecko - should stick to just ski boats

I liked that they introduced a few sail boats to the show again my kids and I dig looking through them. Did you like the show? We went last Sunday and there was hardly anyone there. Our dealer told me that they did comparable numbers to last year even with the serious slowing economy in the Detroit area, so that sounds promising.
Old    nautique226            02-27-2006, 7:21 AM Reply   
I went with the family sorry no pictures :-( Attendance was up this year according to http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060227/METRO/602270372/1003

Supra- A good value boat
Malibu- Like Jeff said the 247 is huge!
Mastercraft- The x2 looks badass new colors are so much better on the eyes
Correct Craft- (2) 220 very nice colors, layout etc.. but high $$
Centurion- The Fenton Correct Craft dealer is now going to be selling them. Very good deals on some 05' . A friend of mine is looking hard at one.
Gecko- Didn't look...
Tige- No Show. I herd there was a new dealer in walled lake?

This was the first time in 3 years Ive been to the show. All of the dealers had there game face on and were eager to help!
Old    ajmac            02-27-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
just curious, did anyone know what mastercraft dealers were at the show? thanks
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-27-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
Water Sports Marine (Fenton and Waterford locations)

The show was fairly disapointing this year from the previous years. Skiers Pier had a good display, Silver Spray and Water Sports was basicly the same as previous years.
Old     (fbi)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-27-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
Yes I went to the show. Traffic was slow. Liked the looks of the Nautiques (colors picked). I thought the Supra and Moomba had too many Burgandy boats there. Water Sports looked similar to years past. Was it just my eyes or did the Malibu display look smaller? The Centurions were cramped but they said they couldn't get any other space to make it nicer. They say Novi should be a lot better. Seems like a really solid built boat though and the rep said they were up 3 times what they were this time last year.
Old     (jpshaff01)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-27-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
yeah i didin't like the colors of the moomba's either, the outback looked really lame in forrest green/tan lol
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-27-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
I attended the show Thursday afternoon, and got there right when the doors opened. We ditzed around the show for about 3 hours, and overall it was very, very empty. I only shot a couple pics, and they're from the MC booth of Watersports marine. (We just ordered an X-1 from Action Water up north a month ago, so we were drooling over the MC's )

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

They did have an X-15 on the floor, and I wish I would have gotten some shots to show it off. It is a SWEET looking boat with a acceptable amount of interior room. We would have went that route for sure but it was slightly out of our price range.

We checked out this one booth next to the Supra/Moomba booth displaying the Michigan 'WakeBoard Clinic'. These summer camps, clinics, and instructionals seemed pretty neat as they are given on two lakes, one of which being Deer Lake up north which is conviniently close to our cottage where most of our riding takes place, and Silver Lake. I am definately looking forward to this and reccomend checking them out.

Both Silver Spray and Skiers Pier had pro shop booths set up at the show, and they had a decent amout of gear for sale. Silver's stuff wasn't marked down all that much, but Skiers Pier had amazing deals on their 05 stuff. I almost picked up an 05 Coex surfer for 180 at the show; an amazing deal. If any of you have any other questions shoot away; I did visit other booths besides MC .
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-27-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
"Centurion - don't like their walk thru "

The only boat they build with a walk thru is the Avalanche......If you don't like the walk thru by the Avalanche C4 same boat no walk thru full rap seating
Old     (fbi)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-28-2006, 6:02 AM Reply   
there wasn't even a walkthru at the show.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-28-2006, 6:08 AM Reply   
That makes the comment even stranger